Service/Repair Manual

Has anyone purchased an access code to the motor craft website? Is it worth it? Are the service manuals up to date?

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Purchase/ViewProduct

- the 72 hr one makes the most sense

If I do get a pass, I'll update this post with the results

July 31st :

Read the 4th Post, its a much better solution

Edited by Beezz

The Motorcraft site is the only one I have seen with all the production MYs available. Others like AllData or Mitchell etc pretty much stop at MY2014 as far as Ford is concerned.

Awesome!

For anyone considering buying a 72 hr pass, do it. There's a ton of documents to download and organize, but its well worth it. The site is basically the same as what the dealer techs have access to.

I like that the site sends you owner, repair, AND parts manuals for the price, pretty sweet!!!

Carr 142 is correct.

More details are in a post below. The F150 guys love it, my PDF manual for my '16 F-150 is 10,800 pages, and it is VIN specific.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/20434-edge-shop-manuals/

I wonder if they have an arrangement with Ford to do this. Kind of like wholesaling.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I wonder if they have an arrangement with Ford to do this. Kind of like wholesaling.

When I was buying my F150 manual, I got into an e-mail conversation with the owner. You can do exactly what he does on your own, if you know how to do it and want to spend the time, LOL.

He bought a 3-day access to the Ford Service Manual website in my name for about $20. I know this because Ford sent me the receipt, posted below.

Then his people download every page of the manuals that apply to your VIN, and have software that saves it all as a PDF. That way you don't have to spend 8 hours downloading, like Beezz did, LOL. Then they send you a link to the PDF, and you download it. Probably because the PDF is too big for an E-mail

Well worth the $70, which included the $21.95 to Ford. I'm only promoting the site because I hope it stays in business until I get my 2017 Edge Vin #. :)

This email was sent from an automated system. Please do not reply to this message. For help, please visit the web site.

Thank you for your recent purchase of the following subscription:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order was placed on: 5/8/2016

Order Number: 764014

UserID:

Buyer Name:

Buyer Email:

Credit Card Number: 6955

Credit Card Date: 032019

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items Ordered: 1

Item Number: FCS-AVL-WEB