Rear view camera guidelines missing

mdubaz

After recently having my 2012 Edge in shop to replace a/c actuator motor, i now notice the guidelines on rearview camera are missing. In troubleshooting a/c issue (one side hot, the other side cold) I attempted a Master Reset, to no avail.

In a Google search, saw others with this issue. Saw too a note about APIM warranty extension.

I've tried turning 'Enhanced Park Aids' off and back on, to no avail. But haven't yet gone back to home screen then back into menu to turn on again.

running current MFT software Sync2 v3.6, no updates available.

First real issue with camera or MyFordTouch MFT in 4 yrs and just under 100k miles.

Will test above setting changes and report back.

Will also take to SanTan Ford dealer for APIM issue and report back. Have always had good luck with them.

I just bought a used 2012 edge sport almost fully loaded. Doesn't have BLIS or cross traffic warning. Is mine also suppose to have guidelines? There is an option to turn on the enhanced parking AIDS right above the camera delay option and the preview shoes lines and the colored boxes... But camera is just the raw video and zoom no worky.

Went to the dealer and the idiotic service writers were pretty clueless. One told me 2012s don't have lines, another told me they may need to calibrate the camera, which takes all day...

I just dropped my car off. They are charging me $96 just to look at it. I told the service writers about the RCV configuration posted in another thread and they just looked at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead. They just said "well they'll have to look at it"... What exactly do service writers do? Would be nice if you could talk direct to the techs and skip talking to those idiots.

The service writer has me talk directly with the tech as the SR knows nothing about hybrids. He is EV certified and does all the work on my hybrid. The guy I sold my 13 FFH to goes to the same dealer I do and the same tech still works on it. This dealer has 3 EV certified techs.

Edited by Hermans

They just said "well they'll have to look at it"... What exactly do service writers do? Would be nice if you could talk direct to the techs and skip talking to those idiots.

Basically they are there for triage, to write down what you are reporting and decide which tech to assign. They are also supposed to be part of after-sales, sales force. Push tires, wiper blades, recommend additional services (needed or unneeded).

Some have a grasp of certain problems, but they're not techs by any means. If you have a particular question, ask him (or her) to contact the tech and ask them.

Was in for A/C service this week and asked about best brake rotors and pads to use. Reps answer was we will put on OEM Motorcraft. Said I wold wanted better and asked to get the opinion of the tech. Then stood there and stared him down. He called up the tech and we will be talking in the future (also talking to a local Auto shop, likr to get different opinions).

They don't like to take the techs away from their jobs as it's considered downtime and thier time is valuable.