Sticking of turns of a tachometer when driving Ford EDGE AWD 2008

EDST777

Are you monitoring fuel trims, O2s, catalytic converter temperatures, and EVAP performance? At a minimum, I'd log those parameters, along with RPM, speed, etc.

The engine has been heated-up, its temperature was 90 degrees Celsius, I did not do still cleaning of TPS as have taken only the first step - it is calibration throttle therefore I will do later cleaning of a throttle and to investigate it later. Thanks.

Concerning supervision over parameters which you have specified how to do it, using Forscan? .......through some period?

Edited by EDST777

Log them at the same time you are doing the tests, and also during normal driving. Not sure about the Windows version, but on the Android/iOS versions, you have to turn on Debugging to capture. The EVAP stuff is the hardest to analyze, but since it is an essential part of the readiness for inspection, good to have the data on hand for future use.

• Like 1

Hi! It is Log (file 19082016.fsl ) http://my-files.ru/7f7m4y during driving, is about 15 minutes of different driving, quiet and with accelerations sharp when you presses a pedal of the accelerometer (45 km/h) and the car thinks two seconds, then sharply goes and gathers speed. I have taken all parameters correctly or something superfluous and it is possible to exclude?

Edited by EDST777

Yes, really the AC conditioner worked, I hoped that it will create additional loading, and it will be good for check. But today I have made check (15 min. driving) without AC (conditioner ) and I have added the output data in Forscan. Here today's Log without AC conditioner http://my-files.ru/szwsvd

post-16857-0-11238400-1471712816_thumb.jpg

Edited by EDST777

The throttle response looks much better without the A/C running. Did it feel the same way to you? If so, I am not sure what can be changed for when you the A/C IS running, except maybe a tune for the PCM.

At WOT, AC cuts out completely, so you don't see the throttle response delay. That is part of stock/OEM programming, probably for fuel economy/emissions reasons.

Not really seeing what else could be the issue here ...

• Like 1

Thanks. Acceleration performance, on my feelings without AC, really better, but the engine too powerful what precisely
to feel huge distinction. I am disturbed by some delay as I specified earlier, at a sharp set of speed in the movement on the road, the car as thinks second or two and begins to go promptly. I heard, some
people note such problem, it is really normal?
Also I wanted to specify whether you from my check see an explicit problem with TPS? Thanks for the help.

Nope, I do not see a problem with the TPS. I believe the delay to be related to the AC being in operation at the time, as determined by the PCM.

I don't see anything in the TSBs either that could explain another reason for the delay, you can check yourself here:

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Tsb/Results?Year=2010&Make=54&Model=5858

to check other years, simply substitute the YEAR value in the above URL.

• Like 1

Might be worth changing the Throttle Position Sensor on the throttle body, since you already tried cleaning the TB. If you can find some two stroke oil that meets the TC-W3 spec, try adding that 4 oz/tankful to the fuel (oil first, then fuel up). See if that helps. Made a difference on mine.

I have shipped Shevron Havoline 2 - cycle engine oil Tc-W3. How you find it?

post-16857-0-30693800-1471948016_thumb.jpg

Should be fine, it IS mineral oil based IIRC, but it meets the standard for TC-W3 and should work fine for what we are using it for. The ideal ratio will be somewhere between 4oz and 5oz per tankful of fuel. Put it in with every fillup. It took about 3 tankfuls to see the results on my Edge, it may work faster on yours, IDK.

• Like 1

In the USA, synthetic is not necessarily true synthetic (Europe is stricter). "True" synthetic is made from Group IV base stocks. This website (yes it could be biased in favor of Amsoil) shows the different types of oils that qualify as synthetic here:

http://www.technilube.com/faqs_info/synth_diff.php

An overview of the different Groups of base stocks:

http://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/29113/base-oil-groups

• Like 1