Spare tire & jack

gjb89

OP can you PM me how you got puddle lamps open? I got new bulbs but couldn't figure out how to swap em.

With the car off, just use a small flathead screwdriver and push open the retaining tab while slowly pulling the screwdriver down ... they should pop out, then just disconnect the wire and replace the light. Do one side completely at a time and open the door to ensure functionality after swapping out each light.

J

• Like 1

After releasing the tab, I found it easier to then use the thinnest smallest eyeglasses type screwdriver and slide in and up over the top edge of puddle light and use it like a crowbar slowly working around like opening a can.

Mine didn't just pop out with the tab released they were pretty tight in there. This method made it so much easier to pop them out

• Like 2

OP can you PM me how you got puddle lamps open? I got new bulbs but couldn't figure out how to swap em.

Are you replacing the entire puddle lamp or just the bulb itself. If you are doing just the bulb....the puddle lamp is a sealed unit. You have to dremel or use another means to get the lens off.

I couldn't find a diagram. What about the lug wrench?

On mine, there is a separate pack containing the handle with wrench, and directions. I believe that on the 2015 the wrench and jack handle connect to the jack body.

There always a diagram supplied in the spare area showing exactly how to secure the spare as it's a safety item. (Loose spare tires can kill in an accident. I can personally verify this, happened on a head-on immediately after it had happened, loose spare flew up and killed the passenger)

This page may help http://www.twotwentyone.net/car-series-spare-tire-how-to-change-the-tire/

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1