New 2011 Limited AWD for me!

chefduane

Just bought a 2011 Limited AWD 3.5L today! 301a package, MFT, all the bells and whistles. Black/Black w/ 20" chrome wheels, panoramic roof. 65k miles. Moved over from an Gen II Explorer. Very happy with car and with the deal. Looking forward to getting tips and input from all y'all!

Edit: I have read a bit about getting the front grill painted to match the body but I am interested in finding one already painted and ready to mount. I have seen them advertised as 'primered ready to paint' but not already painted. Anyone have a source for a pre-painted grill?

Chef Duane in Dallas, TX.

Edited by chefduane

I have seen them advertised as 'primered ready to paint' but not already painted. Anyone have a source for a pre-painted grill?

Why not just buy a primed grill and have the dealer's body shop paint it? (Or any local body shop).

Great car, have fun learning all of the Sync voice commands, we'll have a test ready after one month. Lol.

I was hoping to find one already painted Tuxedo Black so I could just install it when it arrives. After searching around a bit, I'm beginning to think a pre-painted one is non-existent. Probably have to go the primered route and have a shop paint it.

Yes, the Sync voice commands are a bit overwhelming, like learning a new code. I may just use the regular touch button controls. But the technology in this car is very impressive. Coming from an older Explorer, it can be a bit overwhelming. Come to think of it my Ex also responded to voice commands. Whenever she didn't want to start I'd have to sweet talk her a bit and pat the dash. Then she'd fire right up. :)