Enabling climate control via steering wheel controls

I cannot think of a good reason to remove climate control from the right display.

If you don't want to use it, don't use it.

Entertainment

Navigation

Phone

vs

Entertainment

Navigation

Phone

Climate

It's a no brainer.

My Edge 2016 has again the climate control via steering wheel, yes yes yes!!!!

Edited by Damir Čolak

It's only a no brainer if you don't have to field complaints from customers and reviewers. I could see someone getting confused if they changed the fan setting from the steering wheel (maybe even accidentally) and thought it wasn't working right.

Should that be a problem for a reasonably intelligent person? No, but I've learned over the years that there aren't nearly as many reasonably intelligent people out there as you might think.

Personally I think the other commands being there are superfluous. Temp control is the only one I've ever used.

It's only a no brainer if you don't have to field complaints from customers and reviewers. I could see someone getting confused if they changed the fan setting from the steering wheel (maybe even accidentally) and thought it wasn't working right.

Should that be a problem for a reasonably intelligent person? No, but I've learned over the years that there aren't nearly as many reasonably intelligent people out there as you might think.

Personally I think the other commands being there are superfluous. Temp control is the only one I've ever used.

Yes, how in the world could I change radio station from my wheel and also from buttons or touch screen?

Just imagine, accidentally changing a radio station by clicking on a button.

I bet they are all so confused.

I agree with you, the only controls I use from the wheel are climate and phone calls and sometimes entertainment... hell I guess I use them all but the navigation. :-)

Yes, I used forscan, really easy to do.

What you are actually doing is changing the configuration files used by Instrument Panel Control.

You just switch a feature ON and it's there.

It boggles my mind why did Ford hide climate control on Edge 2016?!

It's such a useful feature.

So I'm guessing it can be done on the 2015 also

Yes, how in the world could I change radio station from my wheel and also from buttons or touch screen?

Just imagine, accidentally changing a radio station by clicking on a button.

I bet they are all so confused.

I agree with you, the only controls I use from the wheel are climate and phone calls and sometimes entertainment... hell I guess I use them all but the navigation. :-)

If you change the radio you can see what you changed it to on the screen. HVAC is a little harder to figure out especially when you throw in auto mode vs temp manual override, etc.

Again I'm not saying it should be that way but they wouldn't have removed it without a reason.

If you change the radio you can see what you changed it to on the screen. HVAC is a little harder to figure out especially when you throw in auto mode vs temp manual override, etc.

Again I'm not saying it should be that way but they wouldn't have removed it without a reason.

There is another possible reason, they have a bug, somewhere in the system, which can be triggered by climate control via steering wheel.

Instead of fixing the bug, they hid the climate control.

There is another possible reason, they have a bug, somewhere in the system, which can be triggered by climate control via steering wheel.

Instead of fixing the bug, they hid the climate control.

Possible but I've never heard any complaints about that. And temp and fan speed are pretty basic controls. But it is possible.

Nick,

All you need to do is add AWD so that gauge works now :)

I did the same thing added heated steering wheel button on screen 100% knowing it wouldn't worked and 100% hoping they accidentally put a heated steering wheel in my car on accident lol

The heated steering wheel and heated seat with remote start is a nice feature. my '11 has it...only issue is FORD hard coded 32 degrees as the on off determination...no option to set it to say 33 or 38 or always on w/ remote start ...33 is still cold on leather & useless remote start feature when won't turn on

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who have added in the climate controls in the screen with the Entertainment, Navigation & phone selection, what inputs did you change in the ForScan program? I have to tools that are needed to do this but need the module location and the new inputs to change.