Siren installation - Speaker Location 2013 Edge SEL

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and the Ford Edge. My Explorer was totaled after a gentleman decided to do an illegal U-turn in front of me. I opted to try a 2013 Edge SEL AWD as it's replacement. I am a fire chief and having difficulty finding a suitable location to mount the siren speaker on the front of my Edge. Has anyone had experience with this on here? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

• Like 1

It appears that they are installing the siren speaker insidea the grill (as in this youtube video)

Here's a fully decked out police cruiser

This company specializes in fire and police conversion. http://911rapidresponse.com/projects.html

In every installion I've seen on the Internet, all of the siren speakers were installed behind the grill. This involves removing the frontend for mounting. One other consideration would be to use a top-mount light & siren bar, if your looking for a simple diy installion.

• Like 1

With research that I have done, I am planning on taking the front bumper cover off to make it easier to access and mount the siren speaker. I appreciate the videos and info. I want it all concealed for the most part. I will post pictures and such as I move forward. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and the Ford Edge. My Explorer was totaled after a gentleman decided to do an illegal U-turn in front of me. I opted to try a 2013 Edge SEL AWD as it's replacement. I am a fire chief and having difficulty finding a suitable location to mount the siren speaker on the front of my Edge. Has anyone had experience with this on here? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

these things are tight for space...I have struggled since I purchased to find places to mount components. but as has alred

ady been said..behind the bumper cover will probably be your best location for that item.

• 4 years later...

There are a lot of knowledgeable installers on the forum elightbars.org  You may have better luck there

2 hours ago, Jackm said:

I just purchased a siren/speaker for my Ford Edge 2018. I realize now that I will probably have to remove some parts to install it. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I should put it and how to install it the easiest?