OEM Foglights

Hey Guys,

I'm new here, just bought an se edge.................... did a search on foglamps and was wondering if anyone has installed oem foglights on an se model?? I know that I have to change my switch inside but will the wire harness have plugs already on it for the foglamps to plug into??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

I'm new here, just bought an se edge.................... did a search on foglamps and was wondering if anyone has installed oem foglights on an se model?? I know that I have to change my switch inside but will the wire harness have plugs already on it for the foglamps to plug into??

I just ordered the parts to do mine, ill let you know how the install goes whenever the parts come in..

Read me!!

Edited by SOMDTBSS

Thanks............... did you buy the oem parts from the dealer or an after market company.............just wondering on the cost.

There is someone on Ebay selling fog lights and harness. Claims the Lights are OEM. Just wondering about the chrome backplate, It doesn't come with it. I like the way the SEL's look with it.

Please post photos and rate the difficulty on the install.

Hey Guys,

I am still trying to find that out myself because I want to do the same thing. I already priced the parts but I am not sure as to how the wiring is set up.

I am still trying to find that out myself because I want to do the same thing. I already priced the parts but I am not sure as to how the wiring is set up.

Hopefully I'll get a good day with weather this weekend and crawl underneath and look at the wiring....................if it's there, it's on!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys it is possible to add OEM fog lights to the se edge i did it to my dad's edge. they aren't wired for them. so you have to wire them up yourself, unless you feel like buying the harness from the dealer or going to the junkyard (if your lucky they might have one). i had the wiring diagram so i knew what wires to add and where. but it is possible if your willing to get the parts and put the time into it.

hey guys it is possible to add OEM fog lights to the se edge i did it to my dad's edge. they aren't wired for them. so you have to wire them up yourself, unless you feel like buying the harness from the dealer or going to the junkyard (if your lucky they might have one). i had the wiring diagram so i knew what wires to add and where. but it is possible if your willing to get the parts and put the time into it.

Can you provide a detailed writeup?

• 4 weeks later...
I called my local dealer about installing OEM fog lights and he said Ford did not offer the lights or the installation. I do like the looks of the OEM versus all the others I've seen.

Hi Ky Bob. :D You can purchase all of the necessary parts individually (i.e. fog lights, wiring harnesses, switches, bezels etc. etc.) from your Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealers Parts Department (if they are competent), or from various online sources such as Team Ford Parts Online. What you can not purchase from Ford is a single kit that has all of the necessary parts in it.

Good luck. :beerchug:

PS - On a side note, I hope your screen name alludes to the fact that you are from Kentucky? :hysterical:

Edited by bbf2530

If you haven't installed them yet - YES - I have an SE and I installed fog lights in it and it looks stock now! Here's whatr you need...

OEM-style Fog Lights with the Harness from www.Ebay.com

Factory Chrome Covers from www.Parts.com

Factory Stock Switch (optional) from www.Parts.com

Check them out here: www.cardomain.com/id/fraychild

• 4 weeks later...
If you haven't installed them yet - YES - I have an SE and I installed fog lights in it and it looks stock now! Here's whatr you need...

OEM-style Fog Lights with the Harness from www.Ebay.com

Factory Chrome Covers from www.Parts.com

Factory Stock Switch (optional) from www.Parts.com

Check them out here: www.cardomain.com/id/fraychild

Have you done a writeup on this yet? Inquiring minds want to know before they shell out $176 for some PIAAs.

I work at a Ford Dealer and also have an SE Edge. The wiring harness does not have existing wiring for foglamps and does not have a plug-in harness or junction. What will have to happen is the switch will have to be changed, a relay purchased through parts, as well as the fog lamp plugs. Also, the bezels will be needed. My master technician say it is not that big of a deal, just time and a little money.

Even the 2009 does not offer a foglamp option for SE Edge. Whomever designed the wiring must be a union man. And stupid. One harness could have been designed, with plug in for foglamps. But that would have made too much sense.

I work at a Ford Dealer and also have an SE Edge. The wiring harness does not have existing wiring for foglamps and does not have a plug-in harness or junction. What will have to happen is the switch will have to be changed, a relay purchased through parts, as well as the fog lamp plugs. Also, the bezels will be needed. My master technician say it is not that big of a deal, just time and a little money.

Even the 2009 does not offer a foglamp option for SE Edge. Whomever designed the wiring must be a union man. And stupid. One harness could have been designed, with plug in for foglamps. But that would have made too much sense.

What are the part numbers? Does this include the wiring?