OEM Foglights

Hi Ky Bob. :D You can purchase all of the necessary parts individually (i.e. fog lights, wiring harnesses, switches, bezels etc. etc.) from your Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealers Parts Department (if they are competent), or from various online sources such as Team Ford Parts Online. What you can not purchase from Ford is a single kit that has all of the necessary parts in it.

Good luck. :beerchug:

PS - On a side note, I hope your screen name alludes to the fact that you are from Kentucky? :hysterical:

My question is if the dash harness plugs into the fog lamp equipt headlamp switch or if another harness piece is required there ? I have a set of bezels already from our body shop ,one perfect ,one with a few tolerable bubbles in the chrome. I plan to buy Depo brand copies of the OE lamps through our body shop and fabricate my own harness for the lamps ,I have the connectors . I just need to know if the dash is prewired.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who have installed HID fogs, what did you use as mounting points for the ballasts?

Prinz,

Here is one of my setups (Driver side). The top most is my headlight ballast and the one further down is the foglight ballast. The foglight ballast is bolted into the edge using an existing hole within the edge's frame and supplied nut and bolt from the HID kit.

The other side, (Passenger Side), is too hard to get a picture of without removing the wheel well liner. But it is also bolted to the frame in a similar manner.

ballastlocation5vf3.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
I work at a Ford Dealer and also have an SE Edge. The wiring harness does not have existing wiring for foglamps and does not have a plug-in harness or junction. What will have to happen is the switch will have to be changed, a relay purchased through parts, as well as the fog lamp plugs. Also, the bezels will be needed. My master technician say it is not that big of a deal, just time and a little money.

Even the 2009 does not offer a foglamp option for SE Edge. Whomever designed the wiring must be a union man. And stupid. One harness could have been designed, with plug in for foglamps. But that would have made too much sense.

Not union and not stupid HAVE YOU PRICED COPPER LATELY?

ab

I just replaced my front low and hi beams with the Nightbreakers and some HIR1 from Toshiba, this upgrade left me a good taste in my mouth and I was wondering how hard are to replace the fog light bulbs as well. The fronts were a piece of cake, I asked Daniel Stern and he recomended me the Nightbreakers as well, but my only concern is how hard to replace they are, are they accesible as the low and high beams, any experience on those???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I work at a Ford Dealer and also have an SE Edge. The wiring harness does not have existing wiring for foglamps and does not have a plug-in harness or junction. What will have to happen is the switch will have to be changed, a relay purchased through parts, as well as the fog lamp plugs. Also, the bezels will be needed. My master technician say it is not that big of a deal, just time and a little money.

Even the 2009 does not offer a foglamp option for SE Edge. Whomever designed the wiring must be a union man. And stupid. One harness could have been designed, with plug in for foglamps. But that would have made too much sense.

Not having daytime driving lights on the SE is also stupid.

Bruce had your dealer installed the OEM Fog lights for customers?

Not having Daytime driving lights on the SE is also stupid. Its more of a safety issue to me than looks.

Bruce. Has your dealer ever installed OEM fog lights for customers??

And yes. I am from Kentucky someone asked..... :hyper:

Not having Daytime driving lights on the SE is also stupid. Its more of a safety issue to me than looks.

Bruce. Has your dealer ever installed OEM fog lights for customers??

And yes. I am from Kentucky someone asked..... :hyper:

Hi Ky Bob. :D Did you know that you can have your Dealer enable the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) on your vehicle? If you really want DRL's, it is done with a simple reprogramming of the SJB (Smart Junction Box).

If your Dealers Service Department is one of the lazy/incompetent ones that states they do not know how (or it can't be done), go to another Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealership. It is already an established fact that the reprogram can be easily accomplished by the Dealership.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Ky Bob. :D Did you know that you can have your Dealer enable the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) on your vehicle? If you really want DRL's, it is done with a simple reprogramming of the SJB (Smart Junction Box).

Really!! Thanks, I did not know that. I will copy and paste this. You made my day...... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

If your Dealers Service Department is one of the lazy/incompetent ones that states they do not know how (or it can't be done), go to another Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealership. It is already an established fact that the reprogram can be easily accomplished by the Dealership.

bbf2530. Can you give me the dealer name and phone number that programed your driving lights? I went to my dealer today and they said they did not know of a way to have driving lights on an SE but would call your dealer and get the scoop on how to do it.

bbf2530. Can you give me the dealer name and phone number that programed your driving lights? I went to my dealer today and they said they did not know of a way to have driving lights on an SE but would call your dealer and get the scoop on how to do it.

You may have confused driving or fog lights with DRLs (daytime running lights). DRLs can be activated by the dealer through the module options with the dealer tool. Adding fog lights is a totally different issue.

You may have confused driving or fog lights with DRLs (daytime running lights). DRLs can be activated by the dealer through the module options with the dealer tool. Adding fog lights is a totally different issue.

Nope I am talking about daytime running lights. My dealer does not know of a way to enable them.

Nope I am talking about daytime running lights. My dealer does not know of a way to enable them.

Hi Ky Bob. :D I have not had my DRL's enabled, as I do not care for them (just my personal preference).

But as I stated earlier and akirby just mentioned, they are enabled by a simple re-programming in the SJB (Smart Junction Box). The Service Technician simply needs to plug the vehicle into the Ford System and scroll through the menu to the proper option. Many (well, some) Edge/MKX/Fusion/Milan/MKZ vehicle owners have already had it done.

Unfortunately as I stated earlier, some Dealer Service Departments are more educated than others. If your Dealer is not willing to contact Ford to learn the correct procedure, you may want to try another Dealership.

Also, if I remember correctly, a member in another forum I am a member of posted the correct procedure (it still requires the Dealership though, even if you know the procedure). If I can find the how-to, I will post it here (so you can tell your Dealer how to do their job). Maybe they should do it for free, once you educate them! :hysterical:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Ky Bob. :D Actually, I found some information right here in the Ford Edge Forums.

Here are a couple of copy and pastes (the C&P's are bold and underlined). The first is from a member named "BlueLtd":

The Dealer can use the IDS programmer and program the smart junction box .

They need to enable Daytime running lights in the exterior lighting section.

Takes less than 15 minutes to hook up the programmer and change it to enable Daytime running lamps.

If they don't understand how to do this they can call the Ford Tech line.

And here is the name of a Dealership that a member named "Gary F" stated enabled his DRL's. He also mentioned that it took the Dealer all of 10 minutes:

Capital Ford

4900 Capital blvd

Raleigh, NC

They have a Tech that work next to the Quick lube location. I don't know his name however he works in a building that is located behind the new car dealership.

Here is the link to the full thread: LINK: Ford Edge Forums

As you will see if you read all of the replies, there are a lot of Dealers (like yours) who will just say it can not be done, as opposed to taking the time to contact Ford and find out the correct procedure.

Hope this information helps.

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks, bbf. The service manager did call me back and said it may be possible with some module's but not all. I'll make another trip later to see if mind will work. Thanks, Ky Bob

Ky Bob, your service manager is correct. Some can be turned on, I know I can do it on mine which is an SEL. We tried to do it on a customers car on time and it was not an option. I think his was an SE but I don't remember. If you have an SE I would not get my hopes up, however it is deffently worth a try.

Ky Bob, your service manager is correct. Some can be turned on, I know I can do it on mine which is an SEL. We tried to do it on a customers car on time and it was not an option. I think his was an SE but I don't remember. If you have an SE I would not get my hopes up, however it is deffently worth a try.

I went by my dealer today and they were able to enable the daytime running lights. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I went by my dealer today and they were able to enable the daytime running lights. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I'm glad they were able to. All I know that some you can, some you can't. I don't know why or which ones work and don't work though. Do you have the auto lights? I wonder if that is the difference.