2007 Edge Newbie and hating it

Always_smile1st

:wacko:

I just purchased a new 2007 edge not even a month ago and I’ve been having one problem after another. I found oil spots in my garage; The car seams to get stuck in certain gears. Which makes it very hard to stop? I can feel every bump in the road. I have taken the car into the dealer many times and they can not verify any of the problems. I wish I never purchased this car

The ride issue will always be there unless there is something wrong with the shocks and such.

Sorry to hear.

Hold the phone. Literally.

With the camera function on.

Take pictures of the oil spots and take them with you. To another dealer if the one you're dealing with now are behaving like stupidheads.

When the transmission seems to be malfunctioning, start the "movie" function and film that, too. The chips that control the car's behavior, transmission wise, can be reprogrammed. You're perfectly within your rights to insist on it.

Sorry to hear that you don't like the ride-I guess you didn't take a long enough test drive.The oil spots could be from the awd system,I have read that quite a few people have had a leak problem but that once fixed it does not happen again.I also agree that you might need to find a different dealer, you wouldn't be the first to find a crappy dealer.

Hope it works out for you

Good advice to take pictures. I would then go straight to the general manager. Our previous car had problems as well. We got immediate results by emailing the general manager. If that doesn't help, the dealership evidently does not care - so then go to the zone manager. Once you start putting these things in writing, you will get results.

By the sound of it, your Edge obviously has some problems which are not normal. I have always believed any product is only as good as the service you receive after the purchase. We are very happy with our dealer, but there are many out there (all makes) that perform below par. Good luck and have patience. Your Edge is a very nice vehicle that you have not yet been able to experience.

Take pictures of the oil spots and take them with you. To another dealer if the one you're dealing with now are behaving like stupidheads.

When the transmission seems to be malfunctioning, start the "movie" function and film that, too. The chips that control the car's behavior, transmission wise, can be reprogrammed. You're perfectly within your rights to insist on it.

I'm sorry I'm new to the I do have a digital camera that I owned. Should I take pictures of me driving the car. I did take pictures of the many small oil drop in my Garage which they have and the manager of the dealership and the manager of the service department looked at them plus they sent some engineer out from Ford to tell me the car was Bone dry after having my car for 8 hours. ( the that I found strange about this they did not do a write up in the system at that time before looking at the car) It was after some manger that service DFW area came out….. I ask them why do I have oil leaks in my garage if your tell me the car is bone dry. . Before purchasing this car I drove a 03 Honda accord. The Ford Edge does shift real bad. It does some kind of shudder thing when it shifts bad and kind of get stuck in different gears. The car has 18" Continental tires on it. I told them I think something is wrong with the transmission they are telling me no. My car is a FWD. And driving like it should

Edited by Always_smile1st

I'm sorry I'm new to the I do have a digital camera that I owned. Should I take pictures of me driving the car. I did take pictures of the many small oil drop in my Garage which they have and the manager of the dealership and the manager of the service department looked at them plus they sent some engineer out from Ford to tell me the car was Bone dry after having my car for 8 hours. ( the that I found strange about this they did not do a write up in the system at that time before looking at the car) It was after some manger that service DFW area came out….. I ask them why do I have oil leaks in my garage if your tell me the car is bone dry. . Before purchasing this car I drove a 03 Honda accord. The Ford Edge does shift real bad. It does some kind of shudder thing when it shifts bad and kind of get stuck in different gears. The car has 18" Continental tires on it. I told them I think something is wrong with the transmission they are telling me no. My car is a FWD. And driving like it should

:headscratch: ????????

• 4 weeks later...

I have have my Edge since August 2007 and am going to sell it as it is become more and more difficult to accept all the faults and the trips to the dealership. The latest is an oil leak which they have 'fixed' twice already but still leaves drips on the cardboard I have put down to protect my garage floor. The doors don't line up when closed, but according to Ford there is nothing to adjust, pieces of trim fall off the inside of the A pilars while driving, the bolts holding the seats down have nasty plastic covers the kids kids off every time they get in, the rims have started to corrode but according to Ford that's normal wear and tear (8 months), the Sirius radio goes off the air when some component at the back fails, the engine sounds so rough when you use anything more than 2000RPM you need ear defenders.

The adverts claim that it's build with pride in Canada, well pride had a day off when mine come of the line.

I have have my Edge since August 2007 and am going to sell it as it is become more and more difficult to accept all the faults and the trips to the dealership. The latest is an oil leak which they have 'fixed' twice already but still leaves drips on the cardboard I have put down to protect my garage floor. The doors don't line up when closed, but according to Ford there is nothing to adjust, pieces of trim fall off the inside of the A pilars while driving, the bolts holding the seats down have nasty plastic covers the kids kids off every time they get in, the rims have started to corrode but according to Ford that's normal wear and tear (8 months), the Sirius radio goes off the air when some component at the back fails, the engine sounds so rough when you use anything more than 2000RPM you need ear defenders.

The adverts claim that it's build with pride in Canada, well pride had a day off when mine come of the line.

I understand my edge was also built in Canada. I unerstands how you are feeling. I'm having a lot of problems myself. thanks for getting back to me and good luck with your issues.I will say a prayer for you.

A quick update, the latest fault is a leaking oil cooler which will take almost a month to source and repair.

is that new or the same oil leak you were describing before?

oil cooler, I assume you mean the one that came with tow package? by the way how often and how much weight are you towing??

good luck, by the way I'm not really sure the whole history of your Edge but in America we have lemon laws. if you get a car with a bad build for some reason, you just take it back and get repaired or replace the vehicle if they can't fix it after so many tries. I'm told it can be a long process but worth the trouble.

in the US a car can be lemoned if

it is at the dealer three times for the same issue

or

the car is out of service for more then 30 days.

I would drop it off at the dealer and leave it there while they wait on the part, and in the mean time call a lawyer who specializes in lemon cases

Lemon Laws vary by state and usually give the manufacturer a final repair attempt, regardless of the days out of service or previous repair attempts.

Lemon laws usually have a charge for miles on the vehicle.

"No problem found" or "Could not duplicate concern" is not a repair attempt. :reading:

If a dealer told me that I would have to wait 30 days for a part, I would request them to contact their zone manager or the dealer liaison at the assembly plant and attampt to get the part sent to the dealership. May not help, but can't hurt.

If on national backorder or commodity hold for production, then you are waiting like everybody else. :banghead:

oil cooler, I assume you mean the one that came with tow package? by the way how often and how much weight are you towing??

good luck, by the way I'm not really sure the whole history of your Edge but in America we have lemon laws. if you get a car with a bad build for some reason, you just take it back and get repaired or replace the vehicle if they can't fix it after so many tries. I'm told it can be a long process but worth the trouble.

Make sure you file a "COMPLAINT" AT http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm and

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/

one other good one is http://www.carcomplaints.com/

Then maybe they will start tunning in

A quick update, the latest fault is a leaking oil cooler which will take almost a month to source and repair.

what is oil cooler. I think my Edge is leaking something also. I seems fumes are getting into the car. Guess what Ford can duplicate our find.

I have started reporting "COMPLAINT" AT http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm and

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/

one other good one is http://www.carcomplaints.com/

Maybe then they will start tunning in . My ford place in so many words said report them to the BBB. :finger:

Good advice to take pictures. I would then go straight to the general manager. Our previous car had problems as well. We got immediate results by emailing the general manager. If that doesn't help, the dealership evidently does not care - so then go to the zone manager. Once you start putting these things in writing, you will get results.

By the sound of it, your Edge obviously has some problems which are not normal. I have always believed any product is only as good as the service you receive after the purchase. We are very happy with our dealer, but there are many out there (all makes) that perform below par. Good luck and have patience. Your Edge is a very nice vehicle that you have not yet been able to experience.

I have a lot of stuff on recorded. Still nothing is getting done. So I've started reporting my "COMPLAINTS" AT

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm and

http://www.consumeraffairs.com

http://www.carcomplaints.com/

In so many words Ford has told me to report them to BBB since they can't find the problem

If a dealer told me that I would have to wait 30 days for a part, I would request them to contact their zone manager or the dealer liaison at the assembly plant and attampt to get the part sent to the dealership. May not help, but can't hurt.

If on national backorder or commodity hold for production, then you are waiting like everybody else. :banghead:

Start getting your Complaints out so everyone can see them.

In so many words Ford has told me to report them to BBB since they can't find the problem. I have fumes coming into the car that is making me sick and my family. the only thing they have done to try and see if I have a problem in TEST DRIVE and I think they might have done a pressure check.

:wacko:

I just purchased a new 2007 edge not even a month ago and I’ve been having one problem after another. I found oil spots in my garage; The car seams to get stuck in certain gears. Which makes it very hard to stop? I can feel every bump in the road. I have taken the car into the dealer many times and they can not verify any of the problems. I wish I never purchased this car

START REPORTING YOU’RE COMPAINTS

In so many words Ford has told me to report my problems to the BBB since they can't find the problem. I have fumes which I think is coolant coming into the car. IT makes me feel very sick. Contact Five Star Ford. North Richland Hills Texas. They keep the car for hours on end. When I get it back it always the same answer. Test Drove and could not duplicate fumes. I think the only thing that has been done is a pressure test