reflection from dashboard

altart

I hope this isn't a dumb answer, but I found that to be a problem when I bought a 2004 Pontiac Montana (which I traded in on my wonderful Edge). Anyway, I had no problem after I tinted the front windows.

Bought my Edge March 20th ... tinted the windows March 29th. It really made a difference for me.

Hope that helps a little. :doh:

I have a 2008 Limited Edge. The sunlight reflection from the dashboard to the windshield makes some daylight driving difficult to see. Does anyone know of a solution to limit the glare? Thanks in advance.

Hi altart. :D Did you (or the Dealer when they prepped your vehicle) happen to use a vinyl protectant/treatment like ArmorAll or something similar on the dashboard?

If you did use a product like this on the dash it could be the cause of the glare, and you may want to clean it off and use something that has a lower gloss/shine.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I agree with Brucesmays. I were polarized sunglasses and it goes away. I have Meguiars goop all over the interior. My bride puts it on there, looks good but I hate that greasy feel.

damn how do I get my gf to detail my Edge like that? :shades: always seems like I'm the one having to do all the work.

I asked her if she wanted me to do a light detail to remove a little dust and add a bit of protection and shine on the dashboard of her brand-new car. her answer "no I don't like the smell of that stuff" LOL oh well I tried

I thought the Edge glare was only a huge problem on the "light" colored interiors? i.e. Camel. mine's fine, even better when I wear any shades on sunny days. but definitely stick to the low-gloss protectant, other kinds promote extra glare.

Edited by bri719

• 4 weeks later...

funny.. I notice the only reflection issue I have is front the silver trim around the air vents. They reflect off my front windows, and it is super noticeable now since they are tinted (versus the first few days of ownership). Other than that, and I live in SoCal with sun sun sun and more sun, I have no reflection issues that stand out. But that one with the vent trim is super noticeable.

I have a 2008 Limited Edge. The sunlight reflection from the dashboard to the windshield makes some daylight driving difficult to see. Does anyone know of a solution to limit the glare? Thanks in advance.

I too notice the glare. I asked about it on the first test drive and the sales guy said all of them are like that. I have not tried the polarized glasses yet. But i did a small experiment today. I placed my dark T shirt up on the dash right in front of me and it took all the glare away. My guess is there is probably a carpet dash protector that would work

How about investigating a dash mat. Takes care of the reflection and protects the dash. I 've had one in a number of my vehicles and it has been great.

A 2fer :happy feet:

Mroche

bought my Edge a year ago - April 2007. The day I received the car noticed strong dashboard reflection in the windshield (beige coloured dashboard) with lines reflected from the dashboard crisscrossing the windshield..... In direct sunlight the windshield becomes a mirror..... making the car unsafe to drive.

complained to Ford customer service just to be told that they will do nothing about it... the dealer (Yonge-Steeles dealership in Toronto, Canada) told me that this is "the nature of the car".... went to "tint" places and was told that tinting the winshield will not help. So, I'm stuck with this car (for next 3 years until my lease runs out) - hating it because of it and hating Ford for lousy engineering.... most likely my last Ford...

How about investigating a dash mat. Takes care of the reflection and protects the dash. I 've had one in a number of my vehicles and it has been great.

I have never understood the purpose of a dash cover?

so, you get a dash cover to protect the dash. why? so it looks good. but when do you ever see the nice beautiful dash you are protecting and keeping looking good if it is under a cover never to be seen? what, you only take it off for special occasions? :)

I see a reflection, but ONLY because I LOOK for it at times...it is really not anything that is alarming...I look for it just because I am reminded of it while reading complaints on this forum...

I do however, have a dark dash...

And polarized sunglasses take care of the entire reflection if you are one of those folks who notice it frequently...

damn how do I get my gf to detail my Edge like that? :shades: always seems like I'm the one having to do all the work.

I asked her if she wanted me to do a light detail to remove a little dust and add a bit of protection and shine on the dashboard of her brand-new car. her answer "no I don't like the smell of that stuff" LOL oh well I tried

I thought the Edge glare was only a huge problem on the "light" colored interiors? i.e. Camel. mine's fine, even better when I wear any shades on sunny days. but definitely stick to the low-gloss protectant, other kinds promote extra glare.

pssst...bri...You are not the only one...hubby never details mine either...darn it...

I'm stuck doing it...lol

I have the camel interior on my MKX and the only time I really notice the reflection is when I am pulling into my garage. Otherwise it is not really any worse than most cars with light interior colors.

As for a dashmat or dashtopper, I saw an edge the other day with one that was really beautiful....it looked like suede. I asked the guy where he got it, and I found the website. If you feel dashmats are ugly, check these out..they are really classy, and if you get a darker shade, will reduce the glare so that you can enjoy your edge better.

http://www.dashtopper.com/shop.net/Home.aspx