Sirius Travel Link on upgraded navigation unit

Greetings

With some help from this awesome Forum I was able to add Navigation and Climate to the right hand IPC of my 2016 Ford Edge. The last thing I'd like to do is to add Travel Link to the Sync 3 unit itself. I've downloaded AB data from local Edge's with travel but it still doesn't enable travel link.

I've read that the travel link option is "burned" into the Sirius unit itself and since that ESN is associated with a vehicle that was shipped w/o navigation that there's no way it can be added after the fact even though I have navigation now.

Can anyone confirm this? Have those of you who have updated their Sync 3 been able to get the Travel Link app added? Is there a way I can call Sirius and have them alter the vehicle's "profile" so it shows up as being eligible for travel link?

You can call Sirius and tell them you have a factory replacement touch screen and would like to add travel link.

You may not even have to explain anything, just ask that the service Is added to your account:

It's the ACM (the part of the radio with the CD player) that houses your Sirius info, not the APIM.

Many people have been able to have travel link and related services activated that way.

• Like 1

Thanks. Initially I couldn't get the Travel Link icon to show up under apps. I used the APM data from another VIN very similar to mine that I found online and that got the icon to appear. I definitely wasn't looking to get it without paying for it.

I then called them and told them that it was a dealer installed navigation system and they activated it! Thanks again for everyone's help!