Shifter Question to anyone

dallenx

We test drove an '07 SE and noticed that when the shifter was moved to any position that we could not feel the transition.

There was NO 'thunk-thunk-thunk' when going from Park-Nuetral-Drive like every other car we've owned.

We ended up buying a used '07 SEL and the shifter was smooth like the SE. There was no noise and you could not feal the shifter go between gears.

Now, two days later, I can feal and hear everything in the shifter as you move it between gears.

What gives?

What does your shifter feal like?

Edited by dallenx

well my edge does something familiar but not all the time. When cruising it shifts perfect. no noise no stutter. But when I get into the mental state of speed. I do notice that when I want to go there's like a stutter when I hit the gas. I hit the gas and its like the car thinks about it and then goes. like ohhh he wants to go faster. But when it goes it goes. And thats why I never care to much about the stutter to a point where it would bother me enough to have it checked out. There's no noise or anything like some others might experience. But when I want it go to work...........IT puts in work.

Love it.

I have an 07 SEL with around 32k on it and it shifts VERY smooth. In fact it is the smoothest shifting car I have owned... I have had some other issues but never with the shifting...I do, however, think there is a recall that has to do with the issue you are describing.

Sorry all, not the shifting of the transmission but the actual shifter handle itself.

Rig? Being from MI, we had cars, trucks, pickups, semi's, etc.

When I moved to OR, I learned that they refer to everything as a rig.

Usually I don't know what to call this vehicle.

It's not a car or a truck.

When I refer to it at home I just say "the Edge".

Edited by dallenx

my experience so far, not really any thump moving the shifter around. yesterday I was actually on a slight downslope and had to make sure I was in "R" after moving the shifter to the correct position...since I had my foot off the brake and had already moved it on top of the gas with no movement of the vehicle or other sound making it obvious I did it right.

that's one thing I wouldn't mind in the Edge - an indicator of the gear selector position on the information center. but not an end-of-world thing. rarely a problem for me, but nice to have nonetheless