EDGE SPORT VS THE WORLD

Xtra

Motor Trend just published their 2018 awards for cars and SUV.

That Ford Edge Sport was not included I thought I would add the G2 Edge Sport to MotorTrends choices and see how it stacks up in 0 to 60 times.
I have added the price to any car that is equal to, or faster to 60mph than the Edge Sport 2.7L. The Ford Edge Sport 2.7L is in the top of the pack with a 5.7 zero to 60 and a 14.3 1/4 mile ( MotorTrend ), and now we know that with a simple dyno tune it is faster than any of them :ford:
These are MT top picks
Alfa Romero Stelvio - 5.4 seconds 0 to 60 and 14.0 1/4 mile ------ $55,240
Chevy Traverse - 6.7seconds 0 to 60 and 15.2 1/4 mile
Land Rover Discovery - 6.1 seconds 0 to 60 and 14.7 1/4 mile
Subaru crosstrek - 8.8 seconds 0 to 60 and 16.7 1/4 mile
Volks wagen Atlas - 7.9 0 to 60 and 16.0 1/4 mile
Volvo XC60 T8 - 5.4 seconds 0 to 60 and 14.0 1/4 mile —— $71,500
The rest of the SUV pack
Audi Q5 2.0T - 5.9 and 14.5
Audi SQ5 V6 T - 5.0 and 13.5 ----- $68,000
BMW X4 xDrive28i - 6.2 and 14.9
BMW X4 M40i - 4.9 and 13.6 ------ $64,445
Buick Encore = 10.7 and 17.9
Buick Envision - 7.0 and 15.4
Chevy Equinox - 6.6 and 15.2
GMC Terrain - 6.8 and 15.4
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0 ultimateAWD - 8.4 and 16.5
Jeep compass trail hawk - 9.4 and 17.2
Maserati Levante Q4 - 5.8 and 14.2 ----$93,350
Maserati Levante SQ4 - 4.9 and 13.4 ---- $102,150
Mazda CX-5 AWD Sport - 8.3 and 16.3
Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4Matic Coupe - 6.7 and 15.2
Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC43 Coupe - 4.6 and 13.2 ---- $76,125
Mini SE Countryman All4 - 5.9 and14.6
Nissan Rogue Sport - 9.8 and 17.5
Toyota C-HR - 10.3 and17.9
Volkswagen Tiguan 8.6 and 16.5
Volvo V90 Cross Country - 6.5 and 14.8
Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

5.6 stock from Car and Driver is a freak car. Every other publication has it around 6-6.5 sec (which is what it feels like when driving). I know there are tunes, etc but we are talking stock vs stock. The German cars are notorious for underrating hp and performance numbers.

Also, it doesn't surprise me that it's not mentioned...it's a 4 year old model that's still waiting on a mid-cycle refresh.

5.6 stock from Car and Driver is a freak car. Every other publication has it around 6-6.5 sec (which is what it feels like when driving). I know there are tunes, etc but we are talking stock vs stock. The German cars are notorious for underrating hp and performance numbers.

Also, it doesn't surprise me that it's not mentioned...it's a 4 year old model that's still waiting on a mid-cycle refresh

I think you might be refering to the first generation Edge Sport or another Edge model. Starting in 2015 the Gen 2 Edge Sport was released with a 2.7L twin turbo V6 Ecoboost engine puting out an impressive 315Hp and 350TQ stock , not tuned.

The G2 Edge Sport with the 2.7L has been tested by several magazines.

MotorTrend put the G2 Edge Sport at 0-60 mph: 5.7 seconds

Car And Driver puts it at 5.6

Autotk.com says 5.7 and 14.3 1/4 mile

Please show me your resources that say different. I showed you mine...LOL

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

I own and drive a G2 Sport, and to me (stock) it does not feel like a mid-5 sec car. I've owned ones that are or faster, now I'm not saying it's slow though. With regards to Motor Trend and Car and Driver, they use a one foot roll out when doing their quarter mile testing. That's fine if you are using the same publications to make comparisons against other cars, but that 5.7 is actually about a 6 second dead stop run to 60. It's a fast SUV no doubt, it just doesn't feel extremely fast to me at least (tuned and getting into the 4 second range I'm sure would make up for that, but alas I am not tuned lol).

• Like 1

I own and drive a G2 Sport, and to me (stock) it does not feel like a mid-5 sec car. I've owned ones that are or faster, now I'm not saying it's slow though. With regards to Motor Trend and Car and Driver, they use a one foot roll out when doing their quarter mile testing. That's fine if you are using the same publications to make comparisons against other cars, but that 5.7 is actually about a 6 second dead stop run to 60. It's a fast SUV no doubt, it just doesn't feel extremely fast to me at least (tuned and getting into the 4 second range I'm sure would make up for that, but alas I am not tuned lol).

You are using seat of the pants and feelings for your 0 to 60 numbers.

Can you please show me some published articles that back up what you say or have a device that records 0 to 60 times I would be interested in seeing that. Unless you have had your backside or feelings calibrated, I will have to stick with the published facts from 3 different independent sources.
Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

the 2015 model is faster than the 2016 model according to motortrend. they've stated the 2015 model is lighter (109lbs) and faster.2015 model 0-60 at 5.7 1/4 at 14.3. the 2016 model 0-60 at 6.2 and 1/4 mile at 14.7. unfortunately i don't have statistics for the 2017 or 2018 model.

i've been trying to figure out for quite some time how these guys are getting 12 second time slips and I can't get close. and that is what i've discovered after some digging

also, i don't trust motor trend, because whoever signs the bigger check gets the bigger praise. you can slap an "independently tested" sticker on my butt cheek, that doesn't mean its valid.

• Like 2

Could it be that Motortrend and Car and Driver launched at a sweet spot to get the most out of the AWD system?