2013 Test drive help

LUPID

Try to negotiate in a coolant change, PTU fluid change and spark plugs if it has more than 80,000 miles.

Make certain it has all of the Sync updates, demand the garage update the system if not.

If it has new tires, look at them carefully. Dealers like to throw on the cheapest and you will not be happy with them. Off to pay the difference for top of the line. (I like Bridgestone Dueler's but that just my preference.)

• Like 3

Thanks for the info guys.

So here's the latest, since I'm SURE you've been on the edge of your seats...

My 2011 Sport AWD (105k mi) was totaled. https://www.dropbox.com/s/70vppzhzy3vmcut/Crash%20Footage.mov?dl=0

I found a 2013 Sport AWD with 64K mi and flew from Denver to Chicago this weekend and bought it.

First thoughts.

Holy hell! The transmission is very different. The gearing seems to hold longer, shift later and have a 10-20% more "feeling" of power, if that makes sense. And this is in the D mode, not S. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE Sport mode. The car nearly launches from a standstill.

So, was my 2011 slow, or is the 2013 a seriously better drive as I'm currently experiencing?

A few little issues though. This steering whell on the 2013 has delaminated and the "shiny leatherette" has peeled off the top central wheel section. I need to refinish it somehow. Also, on the passenger side of the dashboard, you can clearly see the outline of the airbag under the dash. My 2011 didn't show it at all. Is this normal?

The car feels SO much tighter and responsive. I'm guessing my 2011 from Carmax had an undisclosed crash and was kinda beat up.

Thanks for the insight in advance,
L