Where oh where can my little edge be?

jnh13

Ordered Augut 8th, Built November 8th, ship date????????

Vin 2FMDK49C97BA27589.

Cannot believe a ZM, RM or any M cannot reply to my dealer with info as to where my 'retro fit' might be.

Worst customer relations nightmare ever. They lost 12B $, hard to believe isn't it.

Driving a rental the last two months at about 1K a month as I sold my suv expecting it

to be close to stated deliver time of first November 1st, then December 1st and now

who knows???

Own two other Fords. So much for treating loyal customers decent, not even a letter, email or call.

Beyond frustrated in Edmonton.

Where did you get that VIN? Why do you have the VIN? I just ran it and it never existed!

I cannot type well. It is 2FMDK49C97BA27590

Someone was nice enough to run it about a month ago and no ship date.

My dealer has had the vin number assigned to them for my Edge

right from the start?

Maybe someone from Oakville could answer these questions and thus help me understand why it takes so long for my dealer to get the VIN for my MKX..now six weeks and counting.

1. How many Edge's and MKX's are produced per week?

2. Are the two models manufactured simultaneously?

3. Do you manufacture different paint colors and options at the same time or do you wait until, say you have x number of orders for copper Edge's and then manufacture them?

4. Are the refits complete?

5. Is the dealer inventory build complete?

6. Are there factory tours??

Thanks.

Maybe someone from Oakville could answer these questions and thus help me understand why it takes so long for my dealer to get the VIN for my MKX..now six weeks and counting.

3. Do you manufacture different paint colors and options at the same time or do you wait until, say you have x number of orders for copper Edge's and then manufacture them?

Thanks.

I'd like to hear the answers to those as well..

Thanks.

1) About 4000

2)Yes

3)Yes............no

4)One week left

5)Dunno....doubt it

6)No

1) About 4000

2)Yes

3)Yes............no

4)One week left

5)Dunno....doubt it

6)No

Thanks! I'm curious...Are they even building any vehicles that have been ordered within the last month (you may not know that...but thought I'd ask)? The MKX was a priority 10 X-Plan order, ordered from a small dealership (which I hear allocation does not apply to the small ones)...so I would think that if they were building recent orders it would be one of them, or it would at least be serialized.

Thanks! I'm curious...Are they even building any vehicles that have been ordered within the last month (you may not know that...but thought I'd ask)? The MKX was a priority 10 X-Plan order, ordered from a small dealership (which I hear allocation does not apply to the small ones)...so I would think that if they were building recent orders it would be one of them, or it would at least be serialized.

Do you have a VIN?

My arithmetic may be suspect but I cannot understand why there are such long delays for Edge's and MKX's. Here's my presumed logic.

There are about 4600 Ford/Lincoln dealers in USA/Canada. Assume 4 vehicles per dealer for inventory this is 18,400.

Ford sold and delivered to retail 3060 Edge/MKX's in December 2006, none in Oct or Nov. to speak of.

Oakville starting building about Oct 9 2006.

They have been building for 16 weeks and theoretically they can build 4000 per week or 64000 vehicles. In the real world as they ramp up, production is less than optimal and I'd say they could produce at an average of 65% or about 42,000 vehicles.

So they have 42,000 vehicles to allocate.

20,000 were retail preorders and I put the 3000 sold in December in this amount.

18,400 for dealer inventory.

This totals 38,400 vehicles or 3600 less than what I think were produced. So by my logic right about now they are ahead of the game, Ford says they estimate to sell about 100,000 Edges and 30,000 MKX's in 2007. This is about 11,000 per month, well below what Oakville can produce. Again they should be ahead of the sales demand or are retail sales orders are far out stripping estimates???

I know this could be all nonsense but maybe someone can help. Thx.

My arithmetic may be suspect but I cannot understand why there are such long delays for Edge's and MKX's. Here's my presumed logic.

There are about 4600 Ford/Lincoln dealers in USA/Canada. Assume 4 vehicles per dealer for inventory this is 18,400.

Ford sold and delivered to retail 3060 Edge/MKX's in December 2006, none in Oct or Nov. to speak of.

Oakville starting building about Oct 9 2006.

They have been building for 16 weeks and theoretically they can build 4000 per week or 64000 vehicles. In the real world as they ramp up, production is less than optimal and I'd say they could produce at an average of 65% or about 42,000 vehicles.

So they have 42,000 vehicles to allocate.

20,000 were retail preorders and I put the 3000 sold in December in this amount.

18,400 for dealer inventory.

This totals 38,400 vehicles or 3600 less than what I think were produced. So by my logic right about now they are ahead of the game, Ford says they estimate to sell about 100,000 Edges and 30,000 MKX's in 2007. This is about 11,000 per month, well below what Oakville can produce. Again they should be ahead of the sales demand or are retail sales orders are far out stripping estimates???

I know this could be all nonsense but maybe someone can help. Thx.

We have not been building 4000 a week for 16 weeks, the 4000 a week figure was only recently achieved. All vehicles that were retro-fitted still must go through the rolls test, and I believe that can only be done on weekends.