Vibration

FordTough

I have a 2018 Ford Edge Sport and an having the same vibration/noise issue.  I read through this tread and took it to the dealer today and told them what I had researched.  When I picked up my vehicle, they told me it was the fuel pump making noise.  1. I don't believe them.  2. They didn't even offer to "fix" the fuel pump.

I'll be printing off some of the comments and solutions on this string and taking it to another Ford dealer soon.

Thanks for all the info!

As a quick check to confirm that it is the ANC system, you can open any door while it's making the noise. If the noise stops with the door open, it's the ANC system. If the noise continues with the door open, it's something else. 

These Ford dealerships have mechanics and more importantly shop managers who take no interest in their jobs. Quite sad. I'm an engineer and it's annoying when there's a problem with a machine and I can't find it, but they just don't care.

• 1 year later...

Hey all, I know this is old, but wanted to say that I had the same problem that all of you had with the anc humming. After having it looked at by Ford (and not fixed) I found it somewhere on the internet that there was an update for the ANC. Went back and they did the update (had to pay) and the problem went away. However, in doing that update, it eliminated the artificial/ enhanced engine sound. I (unlike some) absolutely loved that sound. After telling them, and back and forth several times, not only did a Ford engineer say that it's now impossible to restore that feature, they're trying to tell me that my car never had it to begin with!!! ??? I owned the car for 8 months at that point, I was immediately aware that it was gone. Very upset to say the least. So, the hum is gone, but so is the enjoyment that I got from the sound the car used to make.

2 hours ago, Pascale007 said:

Hey all, I know this is old, but wanted to say that I had the same problem that all of you had with the anc humming. After having it looked at by Ford (and not fixed) I found it somewhere on the internet that there was an update for the ANC. Went back and they did the update (had to pay) and the problem went away. However, in doing that update, it eliminated the artificial/ enhanced engine sound. I (unlike some) absolutely loved that sound. After telling them, and back and forth several times, not only did a Ford engineer say that it's now impossible to restore that feature, they're trying to tell me that my car never had it to begin with!!! ??? I owned the car for 8 months at that point, I was immediately aware that it was gone. Very upset to say the least. So, the hum is gone, but so is the enjoyment that I got from the sound the car used to make.

If you use ForScan, it can be enabled/disabled using it. ForScan can also flash firmwares. If you really want it back, look at using ForScan.