SSM 47233 – 2015-2018 Edge and 2016-2018 MKX – Interior Quarter Trim Cargo Net Hook Replacement

Some 2015-2018 Edge and 2016-2018 MKX vehicles may require the replacement of the interior quarter trim cargo net hook.

The cargo net hook can be serviced separately and no longer requires replacement of the interior quarter trim panel – Edge: H2GZ-78454A46-AA (Ebony),

MKX: H2GZ-78454A46-BA (Coffee), H2GZ-78454A46-BB (Quartz), H2GZ-78454A46-BC (Black), H2GZ-78454A46-BD (Espresso).

Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-05 for the updated repair procedure.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2015 – 2018 CAR: DQ CD539N-EDGE
2016 – 2018 CAR: D9 U540 – LINCOLN MKX

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks very much. My cargo hook, rather annoyingly, snapped the very first time I used it. I set up the net, put a hand umbrella in it, and went off driving down the road. Sadly, it didn't hold up and sheered off.

I asked for the dealership to fix it under the warranty when I booked it in for April 19th and was told that the warranty does not cover misuse, abuse, and damage caused by the customer. Yea, right. :doh: I was also told that the hook could not be replaced without replacing the entire cargo trim area at a cost exceeding $500.

I'll just order this online and fix it myself. Thank you! :)

As an aside, based on my location, this ended up being a cheaper option (shipping included) amongst the various vendors: https://www.wholesalefordpartsfast.com/oem-parts/ford-hook-assembly-h2gz78454a46aa

All the best,

Andrew.

Edited by NeuroBeaker
  • Like 1