Radiator of the oven of salon: replacement or washing?

EDST777

To my car 10 years, I think of washing of a heating radiator, it because the oven seems to me not enough creates heat in winter time. Somebody had such problems or carried out replacement of a heating radiator or its washing for more effective work. I know that inevitably for such life there is an adjournment of dirt in a radiator and its efficiency falls. I consider that such large volume of the engine as 3.5 has to create enough heat in salon, but it not and in my winters when temperature of-18 degrees and below warmly not rather comfortably extends on salon. I changed cooling liquid last year. It is corporate Motorcraft. What your opinions on this problem or there can be such subject was, I ask me to direct. Thanks.

How long (time) is a typical drive in your Edge? The colder it is when you start the engine, the longer it will take the engine to reach a good enough temperature to begin providing heated air to the cabin. In my experience, engine temperature has to be at least 100F, preferably 150F, to provide significant heat into the cabin. I would expect no longer than about 5 minutes tho from startup.

Check the inlet and outlet hoses of the heater core at the firewall. Use an infrared gun to get exact temperature readings if you want. But basically, this is the quick test:

Heater Core — Plugged

1. Check to see that the engine coolant is at the correct level.
  1. Start the engine and turn on the heater.
  1. When the engine coolant reaches operating temperature, check the heater core inlet and outlet hoses to see if they are hot.
  1. If the outlet only is not hot:
    • the heater core may have an air pocket.
    • the heater core may be plugged.
  1. If the inlet only is not hot:
    • the thermostat may not be working correctly.
  • Thanks 1

Now, it is possible you have one of the Edges involved in the coolant corrosion CSP, 09M04 I believe. A test to see if this is your issue is to check temperature at the center vents. If the left center vent is different from right center vent temperature by 15 F (?) or more, then the heater core might be plugged. But at the least, the coolant crossover tube has to be replaced and old coolant flushed. New coolant should be Motorcraft Specialty Green, not the Gold. More details in the CSP document.

If the heater core is plugged, you can try to un-plug it by disconnecting the inlet and outlet hoses and then running some coolant flush chemicals through there. I have never done this myself, but there are videos on YouTube to show how it can be done. I am a bit skeptical due to small size of the tubes in the heater core, but might be worth a shot.

• Thanks 1