Oh hi,

Not sure where to post performance monitoring, but I guess nGuage, Dragy and other performance monitoring devices are Accessories.

I compared nGuage runtime logging to Dragy. nGuage gets its data from OBDII and Dragy is GPS based.

Dragy gives you a nice little graph and includes slop data. nGuage, which logs a lot of variables gives you an excel file and you make your own graphs, with any info you want.

Attach is a Dragy screen shot and a graph from nGuage data. They seem to be pretty close.

Dragy 0-60 6.48s

nGuage 0-60 6.50s

DA for this run was ~1500

I am tuned with Unleashed, but conservatively and using 91 octane.

21 stock heavy wheels. and lots of stuff in the car. I was just wanting to compare the devices.

I will be doing more experimenting

post-45950-0-45906900-1530652670_thumb.pngpost-45950-0-69378100-1530652926_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Tuning in, I am also a Dragy user and frequent the track too. Based on my track runs Dragy is close enough on the 1/4 but not as precise for 60ft or mph at the end of the run.

Great to have another point of reference with ngauge.

Edited by 037

Hi,

I brake boosted, about 2500 rpm which had 6 psi boost according to nGuage. You can see almost see that from the graph I posted. That launch caused my tires to spin, so I need to back-off. Launching at 2000rpm seems to have boost at 0 and is slower by .2sec. My Edge was heavy this run, I was primarily comparing the two units. My best run using nGuage monitoring is about 6 on that merge ramp, DA was -1000.

I am not consistent at launching, but trying hard. I will make some more test runs soon.

• Like 2

Comparing Dragy to OBDLink
Same test location as the Dragy vs nGuage. OBDLink is WiFi or Bluetooth ODB dongle. The phone app does reading of fault codes, real-time reading of sensors, and performance logging. Allows you to enter PIDs as well and make your own guages
Results Dragy 0-60sec 6.38
OBDLink 0-60secs 6.37
DA = 1050
Doesn't get much closer than that. Also attached a shot of the guages you can configure for real time monitoring

post-45950-0-93329000-1530884114_thumb.jpeg

post-45950-0-67009800-1530884132_thumb.png

post-45950-0-59600900-1530884210_thumb.png

Wow, 20+ lbs of boost huh. Those IAT2s seem REALLY high to me. 160-180 from intercooled twin turbos?

The the 20+ is peak boost when the engine shifts...the rpm's lower but the turbos are still spinning. If that peaks too high you will get an over boost condition code.

The IAT's are high and I guess that is why some are replacing the charge pipe and IC. Somewhere in the 2.7 engine section is some data on with a aftermarket IC.

yeah, my test track is a slightly uphill merge lane. Also I had nothing tuned in my transmission and I see some odd things. Attached is a graph and you cans see the Torque converter slipping, or something on the 2nd to 3rd shift. Also in this graph something else happened, the shift from 1->2 happened to early (~5100 rpm)...why? (in Sport mode, Traction control off)

Does anyone have an LMS tuned log they could share. Be interesting to see the shifts.

post-45950-0-83119600-1531061514_thumb.png