Ordered my 2019 Edge St Today !

I have been waiting since feburary to order it. Ingot silver with 401A and cold weather package,20" wheels. Just saw the standard wheels that come on it and don't care for them at all.But since it won't be built until September I have pleny of time to find wheels and tires I like. MSRP$49430.After I get about 3000 miles on it I will get a cat back exhaust + dyno tuned.

I have been waiting since feburary to order it. Ingot silver with 401A and cold weather package,20" wheels. Just saw the standard wheels that come on it and don't care for them at all.But since it won't be built until September I have pleny of time to find wheels and tires I like. MSRP$49430.After I get about 3000 miles on it I will get a cat back exhaust + dyno tuned.

I don't understand why yours wont be built till September, there's literally thousands already made.

They never give reasons publicly but normally it's just delays in getting the vehicle ready (testing, tuning, driveability, new features). Suppliers are usually on board well in advance.

At this point its likely about manufacturing feasibility. Testing, tuning and new features should have been worked out looooooong before this stage, especially at TT.

Sounds to me like something wasn't accounted for in the manufacturing process, requiring MAJOR rework of equipment. Pushing back a J1 date 2 months is not what I would consider a "small bump".

At this point its likely about manufacturing feasibility. Testing, tuning and new features should have been worked out looooooong before this stage, especially at TT.

Sounds to me like something wasn't accounted for in the manufacturing process, requiring MAJOR rework of equipment. Pushing back a J1 date 2 months is not what I would consider a "small bump".

The 2016 Edge got pushed back longer than that although I'm not sure they announced an official date early on.

The 2019 isn't a drastic change from the 2018 except for the new safety equipment/auto braking. That's the most likely suspect.

Im just referring to the fact that they have been building 2019 models as far back as february, daily. Wheter production/test/fun/waste/enjoyment. A whole shit ton have been built already

The size of the launch will dictate the number of units built. Since this is a smallish launch, I would say its likely around a couple hundred units built at most. None of which would be sellable.

Number of units built is irrelevant if none can be sold to the public