Resonator Removal (2016 Edge Sport)

Give consideration to this Mod, especially if your going to run modified Turbos.

If your an Ole school gear head like me you've had your fill of noisy performance and prefer sleeper power... :drool:

Remove your resonator but keep it should you ever want to revert back.

Have straight pipes installed in place of the resonator.

Results:

- No low or high end droning
- Turbos breath better
- Better power response
- Does not affect emissions
- Loss of 17.8 lbs

- Gains of 1-2 miles per gallon

Sound sample:

Thnx goes out to Special K for this one... :hat_tip:

JC Perf Dvlpt

post-46284-0-61570900-1533758970_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-09353200-1533759000_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-13875000-1533759060_thumb.jpg

post-46284-0-84599800-1533759069_thumb.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Nope - Native Washingtonian, born and (mostly) raised here! Asking because of my username?

Got my username when I was an Exchange Student in Hamburg, Germany during my high-school years.

In Afrikaans, language that originated from German\Portuguese\Dutch languages, you would also call an American an Amerikaner.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey, the video sounds fantastic. Did you end up pairing this with an aftermarket exhaust? I'm interested in the resonator delete, but I don't want the car to end up sounding like shit...especially if I pair it with the MRT exhaust, or something similar.

No, that was strictly just the removal of the resonator and leaving the remainder of the exhaust Sys stock... :thumbsup::2thumbs:

If you elect to remove the resonator and change the muffler I'd appreciate a review of the end result with sound sample and what muffler you went with... :ford:

Reminder: if you elect to change out the muffler as well beware of highway cruising tone, with some mufflers it can be very obnoxious after a while.

We operate by the concept of "value added for effort & capital expended" therefore on that note why change the muffler when we had it verified that the stock muffler isn't creating any significant restrictions and flows quit well for stock???

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1