Should I purchase a new or used MKX?

I found a used 07 MKX in great condition with 13,000 miles on it. I visited my dealer today to obtain a price for new one and he offered me a 08 MKX for about $7,500 more than the used vehicle price (due to current incentives and I qualify for A-PLAN pricing). Both have AWD, vista roof, tow package, adaptive headlamps, nav, etc. and both have 18” wheels. If I buy the new 08, I get 4 years free maintenance, one extra year of warranty since the used one is a year old, SYNC, remote starter, and approximately an extra year of life out of the tires. Are there any differences between the two model years besides the addition of SYNC? If you had a choice what would you pick?

I found a used 07 MKX in great condition with 13,000 miles on it. I visited my dealer today to obtain a price for new one and he offered me a 08 MKX for about $7,500 more than the used vehicle price (due to current incentives and I qualify for A-PLAN pricing). Both have AWD, vista roof, tow package, adaptive headlamps, nav, etc. and both have 18” wheels. If I buy the new 08, I get 4 years free maintenance, one extra year of warranty since the used one is a year old, SYNC, remote starter, and approximately an extra year of life out of the tires. Are there any differences between the two model years besides the addition of SYNC? If you had a choice what would you pick?

Hi longhorn. :D If you can afford the new one without selling a kidney, I would purchase the new one. :shift:

Just my opinion.

Good luck. :beerchug:

PS - Are you sure about the 4 years of "free maintenance"? The reason I ask is that would be a Dealer add on, not a Lincoln feature.

Thanks bbf2530. The free maintenance is offered directly from Lincoln Canada. Their website states,

Lincoln No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance

The Lincoln No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance Program offers no-charge scheduled maintenance for your Lincoln for the first four years or 80,000 km of ownership - whichever comes first. In addition to the no-charge scheduled maintenance benefits, the program covers the replacement of the following wear items, if required.

• Brake pads and linings • Shock absorbers

• Engine belts and hoses • Wiper blades

• Spark plugs

Thanks bbf2530. The free maintenance is offered directly from Lincoln Canada. Their website states,

The Lincoln No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance Program offers no-charge scheduled maintenance for your Lincoln for the first four years or 80,000 km of ownership - whichever comes first. In addition to the no-charge scheduled maintenance benefits, the program covers the replacement of the following wear items, if required.

• Spark plugs

Ahhh.....another Canadian difference.

In the U.S. Lincoln offered 3 yrs free maintenance from 2001-2003, then cut it back to 1 year.

• Spark plugs

Hi longhorn. :D Wow, that is great. Did not realize you had that benefit. As akirby stated, here in the U.S Lincoln only offers one year free maintenance. So on my MKZ that essentially worked out to two oil changes/tire rotations. :shift:

Best of luck with your MKX, whichever one you should decide on! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 6 months later...