07 Edge Liftgate

buffaloedge

I was wondering if it bothers anyone that the only way to open up the hatchback on the Edge is from the hatchback itself? I'm going to have a remote starter installed on mine soon, is there anyway they can give me a keychain button to open the hatch as well?

Love my Edge, just surprised they didn't put a second way to open up the hatch, at least from the dash or something.

Edited by buffaloedge

I was wondering if it bothers anyone that the only way to open up the hatchback on the Edge is from the hatchback itself? I'm going to have a remote starter installed on mine soon, is there anyway they can give me a keychain button to open the hatch as well?

Love my Edge, just surprised they didn't put a second way to open up the hatch, at least from the dash or something.

My MKX came with a power lift gate that opens from the keyfob. Maybe Ford can install it for you.

My MKX came with a power lift gate that opens from the keyfob. Maybe Ford can install it for you.

My 2008 SEL has the power liftgate. It has a button on the front dash as well as the button on the keyfob. Plus it has the button in the rear cargo area as well

Edited by radicon

You would still need to be back at the liftgate to raise it up. Even if you unlocked the latch, it will not raise by itself.

And since it will not raise by itself, it may just relatch, causing you to have to come back and raise it normally.

I have the Edge without the power liftgate and the MKX with it. It is a nice feature, but not a deal breaker.

on my 08 limited...I have one on my fob, back lift, and on dash, near the left by my knee...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

well it bothers me. those of us w/o power liftgate, there should be a "unlock liftgate" button somewhere near the driver. does anyone know if someone sells an aftermarket power liftgate?

does anyone know if someone sells an aftermarket power liftgate?

I have been all over the Ford accessory part web stores and never seen such a thing. plus IF it did exist, your key FOB would not have a button to open so IF such a thing did exist, expect to carry yet another FOB... but I suspect your only option is the legit Ford installed option you passed on.