Navigation 7P

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

OK so I just pulled the disc out of our 07 MKX and its 3P! I wondered why it was so bad. Is there anywhere I can download 8p? I've worked with hundreds of aftermarket units(in fact thats my job) but never owned a factory nav myself. I was also thinking of trying to get an 08 or 09 nav with sync and transfering it. Anyone ever done this?

OK so I just pulled the disc out of our 07 MKX and its 3P! I wondered why it was so bad. Is there anywhere I can download 8p? I've worked with hundreds of aftermarket units(in fact thats my job) but never owned a factory nav myself. I was also thinking of trying to get an 08 or 09 nav with sync and transfering it. Anyone ever done this?

Ā 

if I can get my hands on an affordable 8p, I will hook you up with my 7p for a great deal ;)

Not sure if this is covered somewhere, but is it possible to change the "road name" settings on the Nav? I live in a suburb outside of Toronto Canada and I'm finding the majority of streets aren't listed by their name but by their "number". E.g. Bathurst Street (which is a major street running north/south throughout Toronto) is listed as "38" on the map, many other roads are the same.

Ā 

Just bought a garmin nuvi 765t for my other truck, and it has all the correct names of roads, etc (actually, it's a much nicer nav unit overall except I can't figure out if I can put POI's on the map like I can with the Edge's Nav).

Ā 

Anyhow, is there an option to change the street names to the actual names instead of the odd numbers? It's really annoying as 99% of people aren't going to know the numbers (e.g., I had no idea that "Road 38" was Bathurst!).

There is no way to change the database... so your stuck with the county road number. The newer versions may have the street updated to Bathurst St. The basemaps for Navteq come from DMTI in Markham ... I use their product and am able to change names on a PC. This does not transfer to Navteq as it's burned into the DVD.

• 1 month later...
i just orderd the 8p and will have it in a few days if anyone need a copy i will have them for 25$ just let me know

Ā 

Ā 

Ok I'm interested in helping you recover your costs, I'll pay 25$ also for a copy.. I need it since I moved to a new location and my 7p map doesn't show it. BTW it's a dual layer DVD and you better burn it with a High Quality disc or 3 months down the road you'll regret it.

Ā 

Also if everyone wants to chip in 20 to buy it I would be more that happy to purchase it and share. I'd compress it and put it on easy share or something.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys... just an FYI... 8P is out there easily findable via your favorite Torrent search engine. I found it in like 2 minutes by searching Navteq, it was on my first page of results. It took overnight to get downloaded at 2.7 gig or so (RAR'd). I unpacked it and burned it using the MD5 file included in the RAR with IMG Burn (free, just Google it). Worked like a charm in my 2008 Edge.

• 3 weeks later...

After a friggen year of searching and getting lost with my 6p NAv... I have 8p :)

Ā 

PM me for a copy!

Ā 

I will check back daily and reply the fastest I can, I already have 5 copies, will make more if needed!

Ā 

FYI - Memorex DVD+R DL with 2.5x write speed. Verified in my 2008 Limited. Love seeing version 8P on the info screen and already noticed more streets in our new area! :)

After a friggen year of searching and getting lost with my 6p NAv... I have 8p :)

Ā 

PM me for a copy!

Ā 

I will check back daily and reply the fastest I can, I already have 5 copies, will make more if needed!

Ā 

FYI - Memorex DVD+R DL with 2.5x write speed. Verified in my 2008 Limited. Love seeing version 8P on the info screen and already noticed more streets in our new area! :)

I received my 8p and it works perfectly, thank you I'm very happy with the update.

Ā 

PM me for a copy!

Ā 

Ā 

[/quot

Ā 

Ā 

Bwadd for some reason it would not let me PM you. I am interested in getting an 8p copy. Can you shoot me an email to mep32jep@bellsouth.net ? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am definately interested in 8P. I will even paypal you some money for the time/supplies. I've downloaded the torrent but dont have a DL dvd burner so can't do it...

please let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Ā 

Thanks.

Ā 

Ā 

PM me for a copy!

Ā 

Ā