• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
seen it mo cheaper, got mine much cheaper than that off eBay months ago

How much mo cheaper? $84.00 not too bad; Navteq wants $149, plus $9.95 s&h, plus $13.91 CA tax. Now we're talking $173. Better deal from TomTom - U could download latest North America last summer for $49.95. For about $95 U can get upgrade for each of next 4 quarters. Four times a year might be overkill, but there's no guarantee they'll run their special every summer. Had TomTom before we bought Edge. Turns out it's handy to use both. :D TomTom has useful feature that allows U to make real time changes to the maps and POIs on Uā€™r device. Next time U connect to their site for update, Uā€™r changes get uploaded. U can choose if U want to accept all changes from others or only those verified by TomTom.

Edited by dadrett

How much mo cheaper? $84.00 not too bad; Navteq wants $149, plus $9.95 s&h, plus $13.91 CA tax. Now we're talking $173. Better deal from TomTom - U could download latest North America last summer for $49.95. For about $95 U can get upgrade for each of next 4 quarters. Four times a year might be overkill, but there's no guarantee they'll run their special every summer. Had TomTom before we bought Edge. Turns out it's handy to use both. :D

Ā 

in sept I paid 74 free ship :) - which remind me, I still have a 6p sitting around to sell :) maybe a 4p person wants to upgrade but the 7p is to costly and does not even update their area... I can hook you up ;)

in sept I paid 74 free ship :) - which remind me, I still have a 6p sitting around to sell :) maybe a 4p person wants to upgrade but the 7p is to costly and does not even update their area... I can hook you up ;)

Thanks for offer. Most likely go for 7P at minimum. Be nice to know when 8P's expected to be released. U'r buried in here on pg 2 of this thread. Why not start new thread (that sorta brings U to the surface) & offer U'r 6P. If U price it right, U may have a taker. ;)

Edited by dadrett

FWIW, U can register w/NAVTEQ & be notified of updates & I imagine all sorts of other pesterings. U can also report changes needed on maps - incorrect, missing, or should be deleted POIs, route changes, etc. Kinda nice - 'course it takes a while to show up on new DVD. Maybe if everyone registered w/them, they might think they have a bunch of eager "fish" out there. :lol:

FWIW, U can register w/NAVTEQ & be notified of updates & I imagine all sorts of other pesterings. U can also report changes needed on maps - incorrect, missing, or should be deleted POIs, route changes, etc. Kinda nice - 'course it takes a while to show up on new DVD. Maybe if everyone registered w/them, they might think they have a bunch of eager "fish" out there. :lol:

Ā 

I registered several local changes in CA where I live with them before 7p came out when I was using 6p. all of them were on the 7p update in CA! I would bet they had them in the works already though as I can't imagine I could tell them new info on new completed roads they did not know about.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to have to go out and see what version I have in the 2008. I haven't done any updates as its a company car and they specifically say they won't let us buy the updates. That said there are 5 of us with the same Edge so.....

Ā 

How hard is it to make a "back up copy" of the DVD (or perhaps 4 copies?)? I assume you could put it in your home PC and burn copies.

Ā 

Enquiring minds want to know !

I'm going to have to go out and see what version I have in the 2008. I haven't done any updates as its a company car and they specifically say they won't let us buy the updates.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Read jamers1 posts this thread. I got 7P "back-up" from him. U could probably get "back-up" from him & make "back-ups" of the "back-up" :hysterical: if U have capability to copy DVDs. :yup: Send him a PM.

Edited by dadrett

I also have a 2008 Edge. Took delivery 11-2007. Chances are you have the 6P disc. 7P wasn't released until around 4-2008. Let me know id you need some Back-up copies of 7P. I've already helped out 4 others on this forum.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'm going to have to go out and see what version I have in the 2008. I haven't done any updates as its a company car and they specifically say they won't let us buy the updates. That said there are 5 of us with the same Edge so.....

Ā 

How hard is it to make a "back up copy" of the DVD (or perhaps 4 copies?)? I assume you could put it in your home PC and burn copies.

Ā 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
OK, I still have 6P. I'm in a growing county in FL and I'm finding half the roads aren't coming up on my map. Starting to get frustrating since I'm new to the area and have become highly dependent on the DVD Nav. Before I drop bank on the 7P DVD, is the 8P DVD due out soon?

Ā 

Ā 

8P disc is out has anyone got it yet ? :hyper: