• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have a copy of 8p?

anyone? anyone?

8p looks to be the last update we might get for the 2007-08 model since Navteq is no longer making them as it looks Ford is not ordering them (or never paid their bills, whatever the reason) - since Navteq only makes them when Ford orders them they told me long ago.

UPDATE: the rumor is that Ford is sourcing DVD maps from a new vendor now... I wonder if that only helps 2009+ people and what it means for 07-08 owners??

Edited by Lex Talionis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not one yet which does not cost an arm and a leg.

FWIW, the 7P disc is available on one of the popular torrent sites. The file is for a dual-layer DVD, so in order to burn it you'll need a DL burner which most people do not have.

Link:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4545219/Ford_NAVDVD_v.7P

Edited by HackerF15E

it is over run by Europeans. They really take their GPS seriously in Europe.

I just came from living in the UK for the last several years, and you're right -- it's a whole other level over there. To be honest, it's the best way to navigate in Europe, since the road and signage systems don't really match how it's done in the States. A GPS unit can really be a life saver -- it made me a believer over there, to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank-you very much for posting the link to the 7P copy HackerF15E. I finally got a chance to burn it and try it out in my truck, and unfortunately it didn't work for me. The issue is more than likely because it's a 'P' version and the version of disc I currently have it a 'D' version. It just stays on the 'Reading Disc' screen. But I thought I would give it a try anyway.

Still looking for a newer copy of a 'D' version disc.... :sos: