Help with my VIN

siestafun

Brrr! It's cold outside!(2º) Just got back from the dealer with my VIN. Can some help track some information about my order. I placed it on December 23, 2006.

The VIN is: 2FMDK49C27BA73147

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Here is the info you requested.

Receipt Date: 1/9/2007

Serialize Date: 1/25/2007

Segment Date: 1/26/2007

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

You said that you placed the order on 12-23, As you can see, Oakville didn't receive your order until January 9th. So either your dealership really didn't place it until 01-09, or the system was backed up. I would bet on your dealership not submitting it when you wanted. You might want to check with them on it, not that they can fix it. Just to let them know you know.

I live in Canada and ordered an MKX on Jan 3 2007. To date my dealer has not received a VIN from Ford. He does have what he called a Ford Order Number which is D881. Does anyone have any idea if this number means anything at all? Also any thoughts on why an MKX would not be serialized after 5 weeks??

Thanks

Hi,

Could someone please help me with the VIN we received today for an MKX ordered early in January?

Here it is:

2LMDU88CX7BJ13224

Thanks for any help you can give us. This is my father's MKX.

I received my new Edge in 30 days from order to delivery. The fit and finish is superb! 20 mpg on the second tank of gas.

Thanks again to all of the employees at Oakville for a great job on my new car! I wish I could thank you in person.

Dan

Hi,

Could someone please help me with the VIN we received today for an MKX ordered early in January?

Here it is:

2LMDU88CX7BJ13224

Thanks for any help you can give us. This is my father's MKX.

I received my new Edge in 30 days from order to delivery. The fit and finish is superb! 20 mpg on the second tank of gas.

Thanks again to all of the employees at Oakville for a great job on my new car! I wish I could thank you in person.

Dan

Dan,

Receipt Date: 1/11/2007

Serialize Date: 2/1/2007

Segment Date: 2/1/2007

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Check back in a week, and I'll see if anything has changed!

Can someone update this VIN Number for me. 2FMDK49C77BA72477. Thanks.

You will have it soon!!!

Receipt Date: 1/15/2007

Serialize Date: 1/19/2007

Segment Date: 1/22/2007

Sequence Date: 1/24/2007

Blend Date: 1/24/2007

Produced Date: 2/1/2007

Gate Release Date: 2/2/2007

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

jrod:

In the above message the last five digits are 72477, does this mean this is the 72,477th Edge produce since the start of manufacturing??

As well I ordered an MKX on Jan 2 07..the dealer says he has no info yet, no VIN. What interests me is I've seen MKX's ordered after mine that are serialized and have VIN's. Any idea why this happens.

Thanks

jrod:

In the above message the last five digits are 72477, does this mean this is the 72,477th Edge produce since the start of manufacturing??

As well I ordered an MKX on Jan 2 07..the dealer says he has no info yet, no VIN. What interests me is I've seen MKX's ordered after mine that are serialized and have VIN's. Any idea why this happens.

Thanks

I do not work in Oakville or in a body and assembly plant for that matter, so I don't know how the serialization process is run. As far as the VIN# goes, I know it is not the number vehicle produced. Check out the other VIN# topic and it will answer that for you.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_...dfs/VIN2007.pdf

jrod,

You really are a loyal and faithful servant for Ford.

Your individual work has helped dozens of us as we waited for our new vehicles. Ford should pay you to do this full time. There could not be a better way to build customer loyalty.

When you get some time, would you please give us an update on that MKX we are waiting for?

the VIN is

2LMDU88CX7BJ13224

My Edge is working wonderfully, and after an all-day drive into St. Louis on snow/ice covered roads, I am mighty pleased with the safe and quiet ride. 6 hours in any vehicle is a long time, especially driving in tough conditions. It was great!

Thanks again, jrod.

Dan G

jrod,

You really are a loyal and faithful servant for Ford.

Your individual work has helped dozens of us as we waited for our new vehicles. Ford should pay you to do this full time. There could not be a better way to build customer loyalty.

When you get some time, would you please give us an update on that MKX we are waiting for?

the VIN is

2LMDU88CX7BJ13224

My Edge is working wonderfully, and after an all-day drive into St. Louis on snow/ice covered roads, I am mighty pleased with the safe and quiet ride. 6 hours in any vehicle is a long time, especially driving in tough conditions. It was great!

Thanks again, jrod.

Dan G

thebrave,

Thank you for your kind words!! Here is the info for your MKX so far.

Sequence Date: 2/9/2007

Blend Date: 2/14/2007

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

• 2 weeks later...
jrod,

Could you check one last time on this one?

the VIN is

2LMDU88CX7BJ13224

Thanks so much.

Dan G

Dan,

Congrats!!! It's on the way!!!!!!!!

Sequence Date: 2/9/2007

Blend Date: 2/14/2007

Produced Date: 2/23/2007

Gate Release Date: 2/26/2007

Ship Date: 2/25/2007

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Thanks again, jrod!

Your kind personal service is greatly appreciated.

Our Edge is great, and my father is very excited about his MKX.

Dan

I completely agree. Jrod, you make our wait a little more bearable. :shades:

I hope your father has better luck with the shippment of his MKX than mine. It was built Monday, and isn't suppose to arrive until April 2nd. :banghead: