2018 Edge Tow Package

Hello,

Does the tow package for 2018 Edge's still include the radiator upgrade and upgraded cooling fans? Looking through the towing guide and trailer towing selector guide from Ford's site, they are not listed. Just wanted to verify if they are no longer included or is it a typo on Ford's guides?

2018 RV and Trailer Towing Guide (page 16)

https://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/Ford_Linc_18RV&TTowGuide_r8_May15.pdf

2018 Edge Trailer Selector Guide (page 1)

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/dam/brand_ford/en_us/brand/resources/general/pdf/guides/18RV&TT_Ford_Edge_Oct9.pdf

Thank you

Everything is read matches the responses above. Here's something I pulled off an different site

"Transmission ratio, tranny/engine cooling, brakes and charging systems are all the same with/without trailer tow package. There are no mechanical differences between the two except as follows:

The hitch included with the trailer tow package is an entirely different rear-bumper assembly compared to those without - it is not simply an add-on hitch."

Everything I've also read says that the sway control is installed at the factory and CANNOT be added by the dealer or aftermarket.

Keep in mind that the capacity is limited to 1,500 lbs with factory or aftermarket and no trailer brakes, 2000 lbs with aftermarket and trailer brakes or 3,500 lbs with factory tow pkg and trailer brakes.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

I'm not positive but I seem to remember someone saying that those things were now standard on all Edges and therefore no longer part of the separate towing package.

Attached are the cooling system component locations for the 2.0, 3.5 & 2.7 engines from the 2015 Service Manual. Each one shows the different configuration (Basic, Tow Package and/or Hot market).

Engine Cooling - Component Location 20l.pdf

Engine Cooling - Component Location 27l.pdf

Engine Cooling - Component Location 35L.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the info and clarification. Good to know that it became standard as opposed to them out right removing it. Even though it became standard, I wish Ford would have put a note on the fleet guide (actually anywhere really) that stated the change. I think it would have helped avoided the confusion.

• 3 months later...
On 9/28/2018 at 6:52 PM, enigma-2 said:

Everything is read matches the responses above. Here's something I pulled off an different site

"Transmission ratio, tranny/engine cooling, brakes and charging systems are all the same with/without trailer tow package. There are no mechanical differences between the two except as follows:

The hitch included with the trailer tow package is an entirely different rear-bumper assembly compared to those without - it is not simply an add-on hitch."

Everything I've also read says that the sway control is installed at the factory and CANNOT be added by the dealer or aftermarket.

Keep in mind that the capacity is limited to 1,500 lbs with factory or aftermarket and no trailer brakes, 2000 lbs with aftermarket and trailer brakes or 3,500 lbs with factory tow pkg and trailer brakes.