2009 MKX - HID lights

jlight

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and have to say over the past week I have gotten to know the MKX and am impressed. Lots of bang for the buck, good contenting, what I really like is the style (I LOVE IT!) and the fact that it runs on REGULAR gas!

What I JUST realized is that the 2008 MKX does NOT offer HID (Xenon) lights - you can get the adaptive but NOT HID/Xenon - right?

Is it me or am I crazy? Lincoln has TXH, heated&cooled seats, adaptive headlights, all sorts of content but NO HID/Xenon? In this segment - I feel like they are a must have??

I just saw online that the 2008 MKZ sedan offers HID lights?

I am coming from BMW and will have to say, the HID lights are a must-have for me. I am shocked as when I saw "adaptive head-lights" I assumed they were HID?!

I sure hope they are offered in 2009 -- any insights?

• 6 months later...
Be carefull what you wish for. HID (High Intensity Discharge) run off a remote ballast system. Some of these systems

are in the $1,400.00 - $2,000.00 range when they go out.

I'll stick with my $20.00 a bulb a and little less light.

Al

huh?

many of us here have already installed HIDs in our cars no problem.. and the whole kit (electronic ballasts and bulbs and all) are in the $200-400 range.. and some come with great ballast/bulb priduct warranties - like Lifetime!

huh?

many of us here have already installed HIDs in our cars no problem.. and the whole kit (electronic ballasts and bulbs and all) are in the $200-400 range.. and some come with great ballast/bulb priduct warranties - like Lifetime!

Lex,

Congrats on your 1000 Plus posts

You are a true "Edge Fanatic"

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone else with an MKX confirm this? It appears that HID upgrades are possible on an 09MKX, but not an 08. However, I swear I have ballasts on the undersurface of my headlights that seem like they could support HID H11 lights. Has anyone bought an 09 with this "HID lighting" upgrade and actually investigated to see how it works?

Can anyone else with an MKX confirm this? It appears that HID upgrades are possible on an 09MKX, but not an 08. However, I swear I have ballasts on the undersurface of my headlights that seem like they could support HID H11 lights. Has anyone bought an 09 with this "HID lighting" upgrade and actually investigated to see how it works?

Hi bluetexan. :D HID lighting is not available from the Factory on the MKX. It is not a current option or upgrade.

We can not be sure exactly what you are seeing under your headlights, but it is not HID ballasts. Perhaps it is the motors for the adaptive lighting.

As far as HID headlights in an MKX, the only current option would be to add one of the aftermarket HID kits that some Edge and MKX owners have added.

Just keep in mind for informational purposes, that all aftermarket HID kits are illegal for on-road use in the US (in the low beam position). I am not telling you not to get them, just providing the information, in case you care and did not know.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530