Connect Radar Detector to mirror

ccutaia1

• 5 weeks later...
I pulled this off the 150 forum.
Ok for those with the power mirror and front camera. Here is how to tap into the harness. Use the white connector facing the drivers side to tap for radar detector. Black wire for ground. Solid yellow wire for power. It is the second yellow wire under the black one. See pics. 
Oh and the plastic cap doesn't use any clips. It has a male plunger type holder on each side of the plastic piece that covers the lower part of the mirror. Pull firmly straight down on both sides and it will pop out. The top piece is held in place by the bottom piece. You just squeeze on both sides of the top piece near the mirror stud and it will pull off. Make sure to put the lower piece back on first when reinstalling. Then just pop the top piece back on. 
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 4:01 AM, enigma-2 said:
I pulled this off the 150 forum.
Ok for those with the power mirror and front camera. Here is how to tap into the harness. Use the white connector facing the drivers side to tap for radar detector. Black wire for ground. Solid yellow wire for power. It is the second yellow wire under the black one. See pics. 
Oh and the plastic cap doesn't use any clips. It has a male plunger type holder on each side of the plastic piece that covers the lower part of the mirror. Pull firmly straight down on both sides and it will pop out. The top piece is held in place by the bottom piece. You just squeeze on both sides of the top piece near the mirror stud and it will pull off. Make sure to put the lower piece back on first when reinstalling. Then just pop the top piece back on. 

OK, so if I have the mirror and camera which I do, the wire color/connection is the same as the video?

3 hours ago, ccutaia1 said:

I tried to remove the camera cover and it is not coming off as you had said it would, are you sure?

The video on YouTube is spot on. The top piece has to come off first, push forward pull down. The bottom piece does not pull straight down if you do you may wind up pulling down the whole mirror assembly as I did. You need to take the ears left and right on the top of the bottom piece once the top piece is removed and push them out to release the tabs shown in the video then pull down. Alls well that ends well, everything is back together and working with no damage.