MyFordTouch door lock codes

I have a 2014 edge with MyFordTouch, Sync2 v3.10.  In the settings > vehicle > door locks screen I deleted the factory code, why, well ‘cuz I had a brain fart :(  the code still exists in the BCM and I can use it to unlock the door but I can’t add any new code using MyFordTouch because you have to enter the factory code first.  Anyone know how I can get the factory code back into the MyFordTouch system?

Edited by Mike1138

If I remember correctly, after some time the option will come back. Sync2 is programmed to make a system restart every about 18 to 20 hours of operation, it restarts while the car is off. This is from my observations as I don't have firm knowledge of it. Anyway, usually once this resort happens the door lock menu resets. Another thing you can do is to do a Master Reset. 

The factory code is burned into thr bcm (i think its the body control module).

There are two methods to recover the code. 

In the first method, you will need both of your keys or IA fobs.

Insert a key in the ignition and turn to on (not run). 

If equipped with a start/stop button, insert one of your IA keys into the backup slot inside the center consul. (The key should be facing the rear of the vehicle with the key ring up.) Press the start button (without stepping on the brake pedal) once.

With either key method, wait at least 4 seconds and then turn off ignition. Take out key and insert 2nd key.

Turn to "on" or press start (without stepping on brake). Wait until the factory code on displayed on the screen.

---------

In the 2nd method, locate the smart junction box (fuse box). The code is located on a black and white sticker attached to the fuse box. May be on the inside of the cover. Its a 5-digit code followed by a letter. On your 2014 Edge, the fuse panel is located behind a cover panel on the left side of the drivers footwell. To remove the cover, slide the release lever to the right and pull the cover off.

@enigma-2 OP has a different issue. He knows the factory code, which he can still use to unlock the door. His issue is that on the center screen there is a settings menu that enables you to program your own code after entering the factory code. The menu also enables you to erase that code. The issue arises after erasing the code after which the system seems to have forgotten the factory code & you cant program your own code. It's a MyFord Touch issue from a long time. 

Exactly, some dolt (me) used the delete function to erase the factory code out of MyFordTouch.  The BCM still has the factory code.

FYI, if you don’t have the code there is a 3rd method that enigma-2 did not mention but requires a VCM-II or passthrough and an IDS subscription. (Might be able to use FORscan but I have not tried it yet)

• enter vehicle communications and start a new session
  • goto BCM > Security > Factory door lock code

IDS will read the BCM and you will get a screen with the code

Edited by Mike1138

@enigma-2 The magic code he is referring to in this video is the factory code that I deleted so unfortunatly that video would not help

however

@omar302 After waiting until Sync did its “Updating” thing it does every couple of days seems to have fixed it:)

Thank you guys :)

Edited by Mike1138
  • Like 1