Center Stack Lights

2016 Sport. During the day during certain conditions my center stack buttons are difficult to make out (see the icons) part of the problem for this is that the stack is almost vertical and not slanted back,  and the other is aged eye sight, sunglasses don't help either. If these buttons were back lighted it would be so much easier. I noticed in the explorer they are indeed back lighted. Funny thing is when I shut the car off they do indeed light up. Makes sense. Dark when driving, lighted when you shut the car off. Why did't I think of that??

Anyway, is my car operating like everyone else's? I tried upping the brightness with the adjustment buttons but there are no lights on to adjust. Can someone confirm?

Thanks

8 hours ago, davidceder said:

Dark when driving, lighted when you shut the car off.

I assume you mean they do light up for you at night which is correct as what @2FAST4U stated above, but your issue is why they light up in the day only when shutting of the car? If that is the case, then that is because Ford has their cars turn on the parking lights when a door is open even when engine is off. Maybe it is there way of making other notice the car if a door is open. When the parking lights come on, so do the interior backlighting.

Hey 2FAST4U. I diid sone more checking and it seems like the stack lights are NOT tied into the headlights but into the day/night sensor on the top of the dash near the window. If you turn your headlights on during the day the stack lights do not light. I assume, like me you have your headlights on auto so both events happen simultaneously. I haven't tried it yet but I imagine if I turned on my headlights during the day AND covered the day/night sensor and tricked it into thinking it was night  that the stack would indeed light during the day. When I have time I will try this.