JUST REMINDER WE TUNE 19 EDGE ST

Livernois Motorsports

18 minutes ago, vmaxbaby said:

I would get a dyno tune if you are adding allot of extra parts to it.  Doing data logs back and forth, and high speed runs on back roads work but would be allot faster and safer to have the car on rollers. 

True,  but a road tune is always preferred over a dyno tune.   Also,  last time I had checked there was only 1 awd dyno in the state(Michigan). Which is 5 hours from us. Next closest is Chicago, about 6 hours.

37 minutes ago, Nick Halstead said:

you are gonna need, upgraded turbos/fuel pump and a host of other things to make that happen.

That’s the plan, just waiting for parts to actually be released, not much on the market yet.  

But we were  planning on 3” catless turbo back, upgraded IC, external WG, upgraded pump+injectors, intake, and other support items. We would like to see what we can get out of the stock turbos before we upgrade(probably to large single)

but this is a company car we use for clients, so we want to mod it, we do with all of them.

we had all the parts in the attached on our Subaru’s before they had 1k miles.... so we are already behind on the ST.

8B377CB6-2832-418B-8094-2E59A87D035D.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dsmtweaker said:

just waiting for parts to actually be released, not much on the market yet.  

yeah, you will be waiting a long time. Best bet is to start sourcing fabricators now. Due to design, 3in off the turbo is going to be a crazy mod, will require lots of fab, can go smaller and then out to 3in. an immediate bend at the turbo is the problem. A few Edges are running upgraded turbos now. EcoPower Parts just came out with all hard piping. No intake on market, legit intake will probably never happen on this chassis.

10 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

yeah, you will be waiting a long time. Best bet is to start sourcing fabricators now. Due to design, 3in off the turbo is going to be a crazy mod, will require lots of fab, can go smaller and then out to 3in. an immediate bend at the turbo is the problem. A few Edges are running upgraded turbos now. EcoPower Parts just came out with all hard piping. No intake on market, legit intake will probably never happen on this chassis.

47583467.jpg

12 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

Where do you see their hard piping?  I don’t see anything listed for edge on their site

6 minutes ago, Nick Halstead said:

I'm a realist, I've been driving some form of an Edge for almost a decade. I know a thing or two about waiting on parts and hoping a new platform or Sema show brings parts that never come to reality.

Well hopefully now being the primary option for ST performance going forward it will get more attention/interest and aftermarket will follow. 

2 minutes ago, Fingernip said:

Well hopefully now being the primary option for ST performance going forward it will get more attention/interest and aftermarket will follow. 

That is almost an exact quote of everyone in 2015 when 1. They put a twin turbo in the Sport and 2. Sent 3 vehicles to SEMA. It took almost 3 years of a monthly email to H&R to finally convince them to make springs, which I got the very first set. I suspect by the time Ford only has the Mustang as a car and 15up Sports are $14,000 with 150,000. miles, we may see some parts come. I don't think the ST will make much of a difference for a few years. The ST just doesn't have "IT" and thats where Ford missed. I'd say, more Ford enthusiasts  are upset it's an Edge ST in general, though I don't want to venture down this rabbit hole. 

1 hour ago, Nick Halstead said:

That is almost an exact quote of everyone in 2015 when 1. They put a twin turbo in the Sport and 2. Sent 3 vehicles to SEMA. It took almost 3 years of a monthly email to H&R to finally convince them to make springs, which I got the very first set. I suspect by the time Ford only has the Mustang as a car and 15up Sports are $14,000 with 150,000. miles, we may see some parts come. I don't think the ST will make much of a difference for a few years. The ST just doesn't have "IT" and thats where Ford missed. I'd say, more Ford enthusiasts  are upset it's an Edge ST in general, though I don't want to venture down this rabbit hole. 

It was still just a sport.. You had all the fiesta and focus enthusiasts enjoying complete exclusivity of the aftermarket as the edge was not handled as a ford performance vehicle. It was literally just a trim package. Now if you agree or not the edge ST is officially a Ford Racing vehicle with no future US small car models in the foreseeable future. The aftermarket and enthusiast crowd doesn't have to adopt it but it has a higher likelihood now that its marketed as so. 

On 2/24/2019 at 5:15 PM, Dsmtweaker said:

True,  but a road tune is always preferred over a dyno tune.   Also,  last time I had checked there was only 1 awd dyno in the state(Michigan). Which is 5 hours from us. Next closest is Chicago, about 6 hours.

In that case road tune it is...:)  I did one road data log in the Shelby... Lund Racing was the tuner and 4th gear to redline had me deep in triple digits in MPH.. had a spotter up the road a mile with my cell phone on speaker so I could hear him yell COP...LOL

4 hours ago, Fingernip said:

It was still just a sport.. You had all the fiesta and focus enthusiasts enjoying complete exclusivity of the aftermarket as the edge was not handled as a ford performance vehicle. It was literally just a trim package. Now if you agree or not the edge ST is officially a Ford Racing vehicle with no future US small car models in the foreseeable future. The aftermarket and enthusiast crowd doesn't have to adopt it but it has a higher likelihood now that its marketed as so. 

this had nothing to do with the lack of aftermarket parts. I'd say 90% Edge drivers do not mod them, that's pretty obvious in my almost a decade of owning one. Nobody is going to make parts that nobody is going to buy. This is exactly why Eibach and Steeda stopped making parts for the Edge. Shit, Steeda wouldn't even listen to anyone with a 15plus edge to make parts and as soon as the Fusion Sport came out, Steeda bought one and started making parts. H&R already had the springs made from SEMA 15 and still wouldn't mass produce them for the Edge market and finally gave in. All these new guys who bought STs can think, hope, dream for parts to come just cause it's a FPV but, even the SHO/Explorer/Flex has a very limited market when you compare it to the F150/Mustang.

this had nothing to do with the lack of aftermarket parts. I'd say 90% Edge drivers do not mod them, that's pretty obvious in my almost a decade of owning one. Nobody is going to make parts that nobody is going to buy. This is exactly why Eibach and Steeda stopped making parts for the Edge. Shit, Steeda wouldn't even listen to anyone with a 15plus edge to make parts and as soon as the Fusion Sport came out, Steeda bought one and started making parts. H&R already had the springs made from SEMA 15 and still wouldn't mass produce them for the Edge market and finally gave in. All these new guys who bought STs can think, hope, dream for parts to come just cause it's a FPV but, even the SHO/Explorer/Flex has a very limited market when you compare it to the F150/Mustang.

That’s a pretty obvious statement. Also 90% of focuses if not more are not modded. 

1 hour ago, Fingernip said:

That’s a pretty obvious statement. Also 90% of focuses if not more are not modded. 

But it is an extremely modded car by Almost every kid in its targeted demographic in the sport compact community. For every one Edge with aftermarket Wheels, there is probably 300 Focus’ on the road with them. The Edge as a whole has zero aftermarket appeal to any major aftermarket parts supplier. Only way to get parts made is small mom and pop type shops which keeps prices extremely high. Even the fusion sport has died out in aftermarket appeal. Edge gets no love, just have to accept it, most of us already have. It could be a hell of a platform. 

8 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

But it is an extremely modded car by Almost every kid in its targeted demographic in the sport compact community. For every one Edge with aftermarket Wheels, there is probably 300 Focus’ on the road with them. The Edge as a whole has zero aftermarket appeal to any major aftermarket parts supplier. Only way to get parts made is small mom and pop type shops which keeps prices extremely high. Even the fusion sport has died out in aftermarket appeal. Edge gets no love, just have to accept it, most of us already have. It could be a hell of a platform. 

But now with the focus gone and the edge marketed as the new ford performance standard, it is Fords hope to get that sort of support. Also BTW I have never seen a focus with aftermarket wheels. I have only even seen 3 focus STs and all were visually stock. Its just not a popular tuner car around here. Edge's though I see aesthetic mods about 20% of the time. SUVs/CUVs are by far more popular in CT than cars. 

Edited by Fingernip

53 minutes ago, Fingernip said:

But now with the focus gone and the edge marketed as the new ford performance standard, it is Fords hope to get that sort of support. Also BTW I have never seen a focus with aftermarket wheels. I have only even seen 3 focus STs and all were visually stock. Its just not a popular tuner car around here. Edge's though I see aesthetic mods about 20% of the time. SUVs/CUVs are by far more popular in CT than cars. 

you are assuming brand loyalty is a thing, I myself, have no favorite brand, I just like certain vehicles. Only vehicle from Ford I like, the Edge.with entry level cars moving away from Ford, Ford is moving those buyers to other manufacturers. The Ford Fusion group on FB, has loads of people driving new Camrys now. And the Fusion Sport Owners who got Lemons, was way too many of them (granted, centralized target since most people just report issues online) moved on to Kia Stingers.

shoot, just look at @Livernois Motorsports, no desire to offer anything other than a tune for the most part. No pipes, no exhaust, just a tstat and a tune and the majority of every tuned 15+ is livernois or unleashed if livernois posted how many tuned Edges they have on file, I think the reality would sink in a lot more for people

you are assuming brand loyalty is a thing, I myself, have no favorite brand, I just like certain vehicles. Only vehicle from Ford I like, the Edge.with entry level cars moving away from Ford, Ford is moving those buyers to other manufacturers. The Ford Fusion group on FB, has loads of people driving new Camrys now. And the Fusion Sport Owners who got Lemons, was way too many of them (granted, centralized target since most people just report issues online) moved on to Kia Stingers.

shoot, just look at @Livernois Motorsports, no desire to offer anything other than a tune for the most part. No pipes, no exhaust, just a tstat and a tune and the majority of every tuned 15+ is livernois or unleashed if livernois posted how many tuned Edges they have on file, I think the reality would sink in a lot more for people

We are both making alot of assumptions based on our personal bias. You are assuming SUVs/CUVs are not favored over small cars and I am assuming people will chose Ford over the competition. The ST has only been on dealer lots for a few months now and from my personal experience it has attracted more interest than the sport. Many aftermarket parts sites don't even list 2019 models at all yet. I say give it at least a year on the market to formulate a conclusion to if it will succeed. 

3 hours ago, Fingernip said:

We are both making alot of assumptions based on our personal bias. You are assuming SUVs/CUVs are not favored over small cars and I am assuming people will chose Ford over the competition. The ST has only been on dealer lots for a few months now and from my personal experience it has attracted more interest than the sport. Many aftermarket parts sites don't even list 2019 models at all yet. I say give it at least a year on the market to formulate a conclusion to if it will succeed. 

true statements, I'm just a realist man, Edge Aftermarket History is sketchy, The whole Steeda edge full of aftermarket parts was supposed bring in the young crowd and create an aftermarket buzz for the 2010 Sport, after a few years, Steeda dropped EVERY part they made. Then it was oh shit, they put the mustang motor in the Edge, We can get parts from the V6. Then that never really happened, Then in 2015 it was, oh shit a twin turbo edge and well...same thing has happened. Its a pattern. Yes there is a good chance parts may come. I'm just prepared that what we got is what we got. Though, I am not saying people will chose smaller cars over the Edge, Im stating, those people who buy fiesta/focus ST can't afford a Edge ST and will go to another manufacturer for a sport compact car. I think most people who end up in an Edge, don't have the Edge as a starting point. My wife is the reason we owned our first Edge, and Female design team designed the 2nd Gen and most Edges I see on road are by females. My other complaint is, Ford has this huge marketing campaign talking about the Edge ST as a FPV and first of it's kind. but they are all still images and boring commercials. When Dodge brings out a high performance vehicle, what do they do. They take it to the drag strip and show you what it can do. Ford lacks the connection to the gear heads with the marketing of this ST imo. Though, like you said, we could go on for days. 

3 minutes ago, Nick Halstead said:

true statements, I'm just a realist man, Edge Aftermarket History is sketchy, The whole Steeda edge full of aftermarket parts was supposed bring in the young crowd and create an aftermarket buzz for the 2010 Sport, after a few years, Steeda dropped EVERY part they made. Then it was oh shit, they put the mustang motor in the Edge, We can get parts from the V6. Then that never really happened, Then in 2015 it was, oh shit a twin turbo edge and well...same thing has happened. Its a pattern. Yes there is a good chance parts may come. I'm just prepared that what we got is what we got. Though, I am not saying people will chose smaller cars over the Edge, Im stating, those people who buy fiesta/focus ST can't afford a Edge ST and will go to another manufacturer for a sport compact car. I think most people who end up in an Edge, don't have the Edge as a starting point. My wife is the reason we owned our first Edge, and Female design team designed the 2nd Gen and most Edges I see on road are by females. My other complaint is, Ford has this huge marketing campaign talking about the Edge ST as a FPV and first of it's kind. but they are all still images and boring commercials. When Dodge brings out a high performance vehicle, what do they do. They take it to the drag strip and show you what it can do. Ford lacks the connection to the gear heads with the marketing of this ST imo. Though, like you said, we could go on for days. 

Ford has done too much just trying to prove its worthy of the ST badge.. The head to head with the Focus and fiesta was interesting but appeals to a VERY limited crowd. They should show it owning some competing cars and even put it against some similar priced sports cars. Even motortrend's lousy review with the worst tested 0-60 and 1/4 times of all review sites gave it .88g skid pad.. thats .01g less than a 370z. I can see a commercial with "real people" put into several sports cars and tasked to catch an Edge ST on a road course. 

I think you're missing the point of the ST models in the new Ford.   Ford Performance used to do specialty models which would come out a year or two (sometimes longer) after the base vehicle.  They were not integrated into the vehicle development process.

Now they're using ST as the in house performance model tuned by Ford Performance and extended to more vehicles.  They are developed along with the vehicle, not afterwards.

Edge ST was the first of these new vehicles, Explorer ST is next.   If Ford was still selling Focus and Fusion here we'd probably have the Focus ST and Fusion ST to replace the Fusion Sport.

The difference in the Sport vs the ST is the Ford Performance team and it just signifies the top performance model (until they add a RS version).

And it's not about beating the competition in stoplight races or autocrosses.  It's about generating more sales and higher profit margins.

Hey guys just wanted to jump in on this. Don't get us wrong we would love to have more mods for these vehicles. The only problem is the cost for research and development and cost of production may not equate in sales in a smaller community of performance. As you know the mustang's and camaro's will always push performance mods but not everyone wants to mod an edge even though they have great potential. Even the fusion's have a small amount of mods out there. But if the platform takes off then you never know you may start to see aftermarket parts being made. Thanks everyone again and feel free to message me or call me at 313-561-5500 my name is Jake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I think you're missing the point of the ST models in the new Ford.   Ford Performance used to do specialty models which would come out a year or two (sometimes longer) after the base vehicle.  They were not integrated into the vehicle development process.

Now they're using ST as the in house performance model tuned by Ford Performance and extended to more vehicles.  They are developed along with the vehicle, not afterwards.

Edge ST was the first of these new vehicles, Explorer ST is next.   If Ford was still selling Focus and Fusion here we'd probably have the Focus ST and Fusion ST to replace the Fusion Sport.

The difference in the Sport vs the ST is the Ford Performance team and it just signifies the top performance model (until they add a RS version).

And it's not about beating the competition in stoplight races or autocrosses.  It's about generating more sales and higher profit margins.

The consumers don’t care about sales and profit margins. Ford May have a totally different agenda but PR needs to be in touch with what people respond to. I feel the ad campaign is going in the right direction but a bit on the soft side. “Sneaky fast” just feels odd. Like a 3rd grade class was tasked with making the ad.