2015 Edge bad GAS mileage

Stevekh

Any start and stop driving? How about idling, kills mileage. 

I would suggest filling up at the pump, allowing the pump to just shut off (no topping off). Record your mileage and when 3/4 low, fill at the same pump (if possible). Subtract previous mileage from current and divide by number of gallons. Gives a more accurate reading of mpg.

If its still low, check your tire air pressure (keep at whats printed on door sticker).

If OK,  try cleaning the MAF (mass airflow sensor). If the wire becomes dirty,  it can definitely affect milage. 

How many miles on car?

• Like 3

All gas isn't created equal. Look for top tier gas stations. Make sure your current on oil changes. 

How many miles are on the car? If higher, closer to 100,000,id change your plugs. Actually, I'd change them out anyways because you don't know how the other person drove. 

Another thing would be to try resetting the ecu. Just disconnect the negative battery cable for about 10 minutes. Hook it up then let it idle for a few minutes & then drive like normal. The ecu is a learning ecu. If it hasn't been reset since you bought it, it probably has thousands of miles learned from the previous owner(s). Once it learns your driving style, shift points, etc., you should she a few more mpg's. Especially if you're all highway & drive UNDER 70 - 75 mph. 

Biggest thing is driving style. Medium to hard accelerations are going to be in boost. Boost = more fuel = bag mpg's. Crusing above 70-75 is going to be in boost. 

But if you cover the basics as i said or stated above, you should see some sort of improvement 

Edited by lildisco

3 hours ago, lildisco said:

All gas isn't created equal. Look for top tier gas stations. Make sure your current on oil changes. 

How many miles are on the car? If higher, closer to 100,000,id change your plugs. Actually, I'd change them out anyways because you don't know how the other person drove. 

Another thing would be to try resetting the ecu. Just disconnect the negative battery cable for about 10 minutes. Hook it up then let it idle for a few minutes & then drive like normal. The ecu is a learning ecu. If it hasn't been reset since you bought it, it probably has thousands of miles learned from the previous owner(s). Once it learns your driving style, shift points, etc., you should she a few more mpg's. Especially if you're all highway & drive UNDER 70 - 75 mph. 

Biggest thing is driving style. Medium to hard accelerations are going to be in boost. Boost = more fuel = bag mpg's. Crusing above 70-75 is going to be in boost. 

But if you cover the basics as i said or stated above, you should see some sort of improvement 

The car is driven 31k only 

I found that it was quite difficult to achieve the rated mileage because the endless torque of the EcoBoost makes it hard not to keep putting your foot in it.  We frequently had mileage similar to what you're getting but found that if you're conscious of how hard you press the go pedal, you can see a marked improvement.  Also remember that winter blend gas has less energy than summer blend so you will get worse mileage from that alone.  There are many other factors that cause winter mileage to be worse than in warmer weather but most of those won't impact you in California as much as they do in colder climates... still, it's something to keep in mind.