Dealer is requesting a second A-Plan PIN

I'm picking up my MKX tomorrow (Friday) and my dealer called today and requested that I cancel my A-Plan PIN and obtain a new A-Plan PIN. Their reasoning was that new incentives were just announced for July and if they use my old PIN the dealer has extra paperwork to submit to obtain the June incentives (even though I ordered it in May). They assured me that even though financing rates have increased it would not affect my payment. In all my years of purchasing Ford vehicles I've never been asked to cancel and resubmit an A-Plan PIN. It sounds a bit unusual especially since this is occuring the day before I pick it up. Can anyone provide any comments?

I just sounds like they dont know what they are doing. But it cant hurt you to cansel and re submit your Pin. Once you cansel it its worthless. The only thing that may have happend is they reported it sold to make a number for last month and now the deal changed and your paper work will not match what they reported so they must un report and re report under the new months programs. That would need a new pin to do that. You should be fine with that. Its no big deal.

I shouldn't have a problem obtaining another PIN today but my dealer's request does sound very unusual. Dealer also is charging a $399.00 admin fee. I posted the admin fee question on blue oval but haven't seen any response yet. Does anyone here know if dealer is only allowed to charge a specific mount for A-plan orders. I thought it should be only $75.00.

I shouldn't have a problem obtaining another PIN today but my dealer's request does sound very unusual. Dealer also is charging a $399.00 admin fee. I posted the admin fee question on blue oval but haven't seen any response yet. Does anyone here know if dealer is only allowed to charge a specific mount for A-plan orders. I thought it should be only $75.00.

$75 is the limit for X plan - I assume A plan is the same. Unless it's a lease - I think there can be an "acquisition fee" on a lease around that amount.

The rules are on the employee website where you manage your pins - go look it up and print it out if necessary.

"Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $75 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $75, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $75. In states that permitted more than $75 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $75 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order."

Something smells?????

This vehicle is being purchased not leased so I think the $75.00 max would apply. I agree it smells a bit fishy. Hey akirby, I get the A-Plan PIN through my wife's mother so I do not have access to the employee website. Thanks for the info I'll ask her to look it up for me.

Hi Charlie. :D As akirby, Grey and others have already stated, fees and charges on A-Plan sales are limited to a $75 maximum 'Documentation Fee". No other "Dealer Added" charges are permitted.

So your Purchase Contract should only contain the A-Plan Price (the price listed in the box labeled A-Plan on the original copy of the Factory Invoice), any charges for Dealer installed options (pinstriping, Extended Service Plans etc.) a $75 max "Doc Fee", Tax, Title and Registration Fees and then any deductions for Incentive and Rebate deductions you qualify for.

No $399 "Admin Fee".

Also, your mother-in-law can sign you up for the myplan.ford.com website, which gives you access to all of the same information we are giving you, and more. I would recommend you ask her to do that for you. If she does not know how, she can call Plan Headquarters and they will explain the process to her.

Just as a side note, there is absolutely no reason that the Dealer would need you to get a new A-Plan PIN, other than the fact that they do not know Plan rules (unless it was issued over a year ago). Incentives are based on what is currently available, not what was available in May when you ordered, or June. But there is no harm in doing to speed things up. Just be sure that the old one is canceled by your mother-in-law.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the advice bbf2530. I didn't know about the myplan.ford site and will ask my mother-in-law to sign me up. Our salesman stated he did not know about the $75.00 max registration fee for A-Plan and will change the amount if I can show him documentation. I'm in Canada so I hope it's the same as the US. BTW - Happy 4th of July to you all.

Anyway, I traded in my Navigator and picked up my MKX today (white chocolate tri-coat with camel interior). We put on a few hundred kilometers driving home from the dealership and it was a great day to get acquainted with it. We are very happy with this vehicle. The MKX cabin is very quiet, engine and tranny felt perfectly matched, SYNC works great, cooled seats work very well (my Gator had them and they were used often). The THX sound system is crystal clear even at high volume and the BAMR is awesome. First day with the new baby was wonderful.