Leather Trimmings / Digital Dash

AMulally

One of my co-workers that consults for Ford of Europe took delivery of a 2910 ST-Line, and with that I was surprised to see that his vehicle has leather trimmings and stitching on the dash [full dash coverage], and on all the upper door panels. He even has the current ford Explorer [platinum] /Lincoln digital dash. I'm indifferent to the digital dash seen here as it's not a full digital offering, but the leather trimmings makes the ST interior looks worlds better; I wonder why this is not available in the US  ? The leather trimming seen to be very similar to what is available in the US spec Explorer Platinum. 

Photos [Ford Europe media]

cq5dam.web.881.495 (1).jpeg

cq5dam.web.881.495 (2).jpeg

cq5dam.web.881.495 (3).jpeg

cq5dam.web.881.495 (4).jpeg

cq5dam.web.881.495 (5).jpeg

cq5dam.web.881.495 (6).jpeg

cq5dam.web.881.495 (8).jpeg

cq5dam.web.881.495.jpeg

Edited by AMulally

Thanks for sharing the pics!  I agree with you the leather trim is definitely a step up from the offering we have here.   I'm not surprised at all because Ford does not have a Lincoln Division in Europe. The closest thing they had to a Lincoln division was the Vingale.  I'm sure it is with a closer eye on detail.  Would love to have access to the digital dash and leather accouterments! I know someone will say if I wanted all of that I should have brought a Lincoln. 

Now if you could persuade your friend to ship some goodies across the pond..... :)

Edited by onyxbfly

16 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

Thanks for sharing the pics!  I agree with you the leather trim is definitely a step up from the offering we have here.   I'm not surprised at all because Ford does not have a Lincoln Division in Europe. The closest thing they had to a Lincoln division was the Vingale.  I'm sure it is with a closer eye on detail.  Would love to have access to the digital dash and leather accouterments! I know someone will say if I wanted all of that I should have brought a Lincoln. 

Now if you could persuade your friend to ship some goodies across the pond..... :)

Yes you are correct no EU Lincoln - for now; but still looks at what the Explorer Platinum leather trimmings do to - what is arguably a bland dash design overall. Plus, look at how many main stream brands have leather [or leatherette] dash/panel trimmings now for 2019 -2020. A good ex is the new Toyota RAV-4. Come on Ford, just because you have a luxury division is no excuse to not put your best foot forward - there's room for both.

What kind of goodies are you referring to ? :)

Edited by AMulally
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ONEDGE16 said:

The instrument cluster swap has already been done. Not a lot of info though in the install and programming.

I spoke with JMR in the past regarding his mod.  From what I understand sourcing the euro lens would be the hard part as the stock edge lens is not compatible with the Explorer Platinum Instrument cluster.  If you can get the lens he can source the instrument cluster and do the programing. 

20 hours ago, AMulally said:

Yes you are correct no EU Lincoln - for now; but still looks at what the Explorer Platinum leather trimmings do to - what is arguably a bland dash design overall. Plus, look at how many main stream brands have leather [or leatherette] dash/panel trimmings now for 2019 -2020. A good ex is the new Toyota RAV-4. Come on Ford, just because you have a luxury division is no excuse to not put your best foot forward - there's room for both.

What kind of goodies are you referring to ? :)

I like the idea of doing the digital dash, headlight conversion and folding mirrors. I think those are among the top things of interest on the European edge.   Emphasis on idea LOL.  

2 hours ago, Rimcrim said:

I was simply meaning swapping in the leather pieces where ours are plastic, not the Instrument Cluster. That's a whole other beast.

Completely understand. Shipping interior pieces would be a beast indeed. It probably would be cheaper to go to an interior shop and have them reupholster whatever items you wanted wrapped in leather.