2015 with 18s" Time for Tires

bbass

After much thought, I think I'm going to replace the 245/60r 18 Michelin Latitudes with more 18s. My local America's Tire is suggesting Yokohama HTX or Michelin Defender. They tell me the Yoko has a stiffer sidewall(!) and wet/dry traction is about the same as Mich.

This choice is based on no seat side bolsters or 5-point harness, stock size brakes, budget, old wife, etc.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions from others. TIA, Bill

Recently, at 86k miles, replaced 2013 MKX's OE Michelins with Goodyear Assurance WeatherReadys, which improved steering & stability with a touch firmer ride and a touch more tread noise.

Best price for me was at Sam's Club, for which there are cost-offsetting Membership deals$15 per tire installation, and $176 per tire cost before an $80-off-four-tires promotional discount available through the end of 2019.

The 18-inch WeatherReadys must be special ordered in, but arrived quickly, installation was prompt, personnel were efficient & knowledgeable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth,  the original Latitudes on my 2011 lasted around 60,000 and the Yoko YK580's I replaced them with only lasted around 38,000.  I've never had good luck with Yokohama tires.  Right now I'm sporting a set of Continental LX22's that seem really good so far but I've only had them for about 10,000. If Latitudes weren't so ridiculously priced I'd probably stick with them.  Getting ready to throw a set of Continental Pro-Contacts on the old Taurus soon.