Gen 2 inline fuel filter???

diesel97

I have a 2017 SEL AWD 3.5L and want to change the fuel filter, where is it? I know Ford likes the lifetime in tank filters but I could have sworn I read the Gen 2's have inline filters but had it on the lift and can't find it.  Even 3 different part stores have a listing for my make and model. 

Anybody have and idea if they even have one and if so where? Pics or diagrams would help

thanks

That's a tricky question and it appears the only sure way to know is to get under the car and look!  According to the maintenance manual (downloaded from MacT's web page) you 'might' have a secondary filter and you 'might' not.  Here's a copy paste of the 2015MY "fuel system overview".  Note bullet point #5.

The fuel system consists of:

• a closed loop pressure control (CLPC) fuel system.
  • fuel and vapor lines in an integrated bundle assembly.
  • an AWD saddletype tank or FWD LShaped fuel tank.
  • quick connect fuel and vapor tube couplings.
  • if equipped, a replaceable external inline fuel filter.
  • a fuel tank filler pipe assembly, which cannot be modified in any way, that also contains a misfuel inhibitor device to permit only unleaded fuel to be pumped into the tank.
  • has an Easy Fuel™ (capless) fuel tank filler pipe assembly, which cannot be modified in any way and is serviced only by the installation of a new fuel tank filler pipe assembly.
  • has a supplemental refueling adapter located in the luggage compartment.
  • a Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM) located under the vehicle above the LH side of the rear subframe.
  • a Fuel Pump (FP) module containing:
  • the electric FP module which provides pressurized fuel to the fuel rail.
  • the fuel level sender.
  • a check valve which maintains system pressure after the pump is shut off.
  • a pressure relief for overpressure protection in the event of restricted fluid flow.
  • a lifetime fuel filter providing filtration to protect the fuel injectors from foreign material.
  • Thanks 1