P302 - cylinder 2 mis-fire

jharry3

I am looking for a diagram of which cylinder is number 2 in the 2.0 liter Eco Boost?

CEL came on this morning.  I read the code with my code reader. 

My understanding is this is the number 2 in the firing order , not a sequential left/right or right/left number.

I seem to have 3 choices, from cheap  to expensive, to fix this: 1) Spark plug, 2) coil pack, 3) fuel injector.

I'll do spark plugs first since the wife has almost 70k miles.  If that does not solve the problem then I need to look at the coil pack for that cylinder.

She's two years old with 70k miles on her. She still has many miles and many years of comfort and service left in her.  With 70k she falls under sever duty maintenance.  Your path of resolution makes sense and are all things that require changing at some point. 

Mac T has an awesome website. On his DIY maintenance page he has the firing order listed as 1-3-4-2.

https://www.mactgarage.com/gen-2-ford-edge-capacities-and-spec 

If you dig around the diy maintenance section you may or may not find a map that will help you in your quest for maintaining your edge. 

Here is a hint to help you get started.  Point your browser in this direction https://www.mactgarage.com/    

HTH

• Like 1

Firing order is defined in terms of cylinder #, not the other way round.  Cylinder numbering is 1 2 3 4 as you look from left to right (pass side to driver side of the engine).

On an ecoboost, could be a spark plug or fuel injector.  If plug is bad, replace them all.  You have not stated mileage on your 2017 ...

• Like 1