7 hours ago, zrt8355 said:

Nautilus cluster has arrived...but the connector on the back is definitely different than that of the MKX/Edge clusters. If anyone has any ideas I would be interested to hear them. I want to avoid cutting any wires on my Edge, but if I could just take the pins out of the current connector and rearrange them in the new one, I'd be down for that. Would just need access to pinouts for both cars to see if it's all the same wires in a different arrangement or what. 

Glad to hear that you received your cluster! Things are getting interesting! You're definitely making progress! Drop @TXFRDOwner a line. He makes custom harnesses.  

Edited by onyxbfly

5 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

Glad to hear that you received your cluster! Things are getting interesting! You're definitely making progress! Drop @TXFRDOwner a line. He makes custom harnesses.  

Perfect, I'm already in touch with him since (if this works out) I'll be getting the lens from him. Maybe he can get something figured out. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, zrt8355 said:

Perfect, I'm already in touch with him since (if this works out) I'll be getting the lens from him. Maybe he can get something figured out. 

Hope it goes well. Keep us updated. I am really bored with stock cluster, been seeing it since 2012 and I hate the useless way the information displays are devided. With the round tacometer you can't get any other vehicle information.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, omar302 said:

Hope it goes well. Keep us updated. I am really bored with stock cluster, been seeing it since 2012 and I hate the useless way the information displays are devided. With the round tacometer you can't get any other vehicle information.

Will do. TXFRDOwner actually seems to already have a compatible harness made from someone else doing a Continental cluster retrofit in a Fusion. Depending on how much he wants for it I'll gladly give it a shot.

He stated that the guy doing that conversion got it to turn on but it has issues with some of the existing steering wheel controls not working on the new cluster due to firmware incompatibility. So that would likely be my case and another project to tackle. If DanMc85 can't get around that himself (he's the one at the Fusion forums doing this and he is a godsend at programming) then I know I won't be able to do it either. We shall see. 

• Like 2

Before I consider spending any $$ online for wiring diagrams, does anyone else following this thread have access to the wiring/pinouts on the 2015-2018 Edge? I just need to see what the pinout is for the IPC connector and I hate to have to pay to get that one answer. Otherwise I could just buy the harness from TXFRDOwner without really knowing if the pins need rearranging but that will be taking a shot in the dark.

13 hours ago, zrt8355 said:

Before I consider spending any $$ online for wiring diagrams, does anyone else following this thread have access to the wiring/pinouts on the 2015-2018 Edge? I just need to see what the pinout is for the IPC connector and I hate to have to pay to get that one answer. Otherwise I could just buy the harness from TXFRDOwner without really knowing if the pins need rearranging but that will be taking a shot in the dark.

I believe that you would need the pinout for the Nautilus IPC as well.

3 hours ago, omar302 said:

@onyxbfly

I tried to message you but seems you can't receive messages. Wanted to ask how did you get the Cluster programmed. Did you ship it to Dan or was it only a matter of ABD edits using ForScan?

Apologies, my inbox was full. I shipped my cluster to Dan. His programming quote includes return shipping. While it does require ABD edits in FORScan the cluster itself needs to be programmed with the Edge firmware.

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update: ordered the custom harness from TXFRDOwner which came in super fast. Finally got to try out the Nautilus cluster tonight.

It turns on, but as I expected, not all of the steering wheel buttons worked. Dan at the Fusion forums said something about him using a 2017+ MKZ steering wheel control module (SCCM) but I don't know if that fixed his button issue 100% or not.

It also of course had quite a few error messages that can be ironed out with ForScan (i.e. adaptive cruise malfunction, collision alert malfunction, etc.) but it did of course work well with the few things I could try - digital speedometer readout, TPMS readout, radio station, trip readout/reset, but that was about it.

Gonna think on what I want to do next. I'm not totally sure the euro Edge lens will be good for this IPC, as to me it seems like it would cut off some of the LCD display. The MKX cluster has a more rounded design on the bottom and sides and this is just flat. If that's the case, it wouldn't really be worth the install, and I may just get rid of the Nautilus cluster. Long story short though it may not be a totally impossible job.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, zrt8355 said:

Just an update: ordered the custom harness from TXFRDOwner which came in super fast. Finally got to try out the Nautilus cluster tonight.

It turns on, but as I expected, not all of the steering wheel buttons worked. Dan at the Fusion forums said something about him using a 2017+ MKZ steering wheel control module (SCCM) but I don't know if that fixed his button issue 100% or not.

It also of course had quite a few error messages that can be ironed out with ForScan (i.e. adaptive cruise malfunction, collision alert malfunction, etc.) but it did of course work well with the few things I could try - digital speedometer readout, TPMS readout, radio station, trip readout/reset, but that was about it.

Gonna think on what I want to do next. I'm not totally sure the euro Edge lens will be good for this IPC, as to me it seems like it would cut off some of the LCD display. The MKX cluster has a more rounded design on the bottom and sides and this is just flat. If that's the case, it wouldn't really be worth the install, and I may just get rid of the Nautilus cluster. Long story short though it may not be a totally impossible job.

Don't you wish programming the Steering Controls was as easy as this 

2 hours ago, TXFRDOwner said:

Don't you wish programming the Steering Controls was as easy as this 

If only. Last time I tried doing it required so much work and it still never fully worked with the newer cluster. Though that was for a completely different make and model vehicle. 

On 11/26/2019 at 2:08 PM, TXFRDOwner said:

For the price you bought this cluster, I'd sit on it for a while until someone makes a breakthrough in figuring this thing out.

That's what I was thinking but I'm not sure if anyone else at all is working on it or will be. 

I also noticed it doesn't show any Lincoln or Nautilus branding during the time I used it so if I was able to get it working with my steering wheel buttons and all other features, I'd probably keep the current theme. All the Lincoln sounds and graphics are really cool compared to the Ford ones.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, Ukraine here ) we're that guys buying your salvage cars to fix and ride here in Ukraine.

and the reason I came here is that it's like an easy thing to adopt digital IPC from Lincoln to work with your Edge. because it's all Fords.

If you're still experiencing problems with your IPC inside an Edge - please write them here, and I will try to help.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/28/2019 at 3:00 PM, zrt8355 said:

That's what I was thinking but I'm not sure if anyone else at all is working on it or will be. 

I also noticed it doesn't show any Lincoln or Nautilus branding during the time I used it so if I was able to get it working with my steering wheel buttons and all other features, I'd probably keep the current theme. All the Lincoln sounds and graphics are really cool compared to the Ford ones.

Did you ever figure out anything with this? MKX clusters are still relatively cheap, but not nearly as cheap as you got yours. It'd be interesting to check it out if it works

• 3 weeks later...

So y'all motivated me to do my own gauge cluster swap. Already got an MKX cluster, had Dan reprogram it, just swapped the lense (I used tooth picks on the clips instead of all of my good silverware hahaha). Took me about 10 minutes to change the lens including getting out and putting away everything. Now I just gotta swap the cluster in the vehicle.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dolsen said:

So y'all motivated me to do my own gauge cluster swap. Already got an MKX cluster, had Dan reprogram it, just swapped the lense (I used tooth picks on the clips instead of all of my good silverware hahaha). Took me about 10 minutes to change the lens including getting out and putting away everything. Now I just gotta swap the cluster in the vehicle.

Nice ... Congrats !!!

Hopefully more follow suite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dolsen said:

I see what you did there. I asked for a custom knife for my birthday. She said absolutely not! I asked why..... she said not only do I have enough but I have a few sets! I said you only have one pair of feet but that didn't stop you from buying two pairs of shoes at the mall......

She looked at me blankly and said if I'm going to ruin cutlery by using it as a tool, she will gladly get me a set of Ginsu knives....

I told her that I never heard of them, let me google them. I told her that they were advertised in the 70's and she must be really have a great memory for being so old.....

You can see the outline of body etched into the wall from the heat vision......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

I see what you did there. I asked for a custom knife for my birthday. She said absolutely not! I asked why..... she said not only do I have enough but I have a few sets! I said you only have one pair of feet but that didn't stop you from buying two pairs of shoes at the mall......

She looked at me blankly and said if I'm going to ruin cutlery by using it as a tool, she will gladly get me a set of Ginsu knives....

I told her that I never heard of them, let me google them. I told her that they were advertised in the 70's and she must be really have a great memory for being so old.....

You can see the outline of body etched into the wall from the heat vision......

lol lol lol ?

Edited by PaulSchott

I forgot to update. I got my cluster installed the same day I got it back. It is a nice upgrade and I like it, but can't say that I love it. I suppose I wouldn't "unspend" the money if it were possible, but I certainly could've held off longer. Either way I do not regret it. The only issue I am having is that when I remote start the vehicle, the left hand side info center (in the tachometer) does not work, but when I get it and start it with the push button start (no remote start) the info center works just fine. I think the entire install took me 20 minutes, it was super easy.

1 hour ago, dolsen said:

I forgot to update. I got my cluster installed the same day I got it back. It is a nice upgrade and I like it, but can't say that I love it. I suppose I wouldn't "unspend" the money if it were possible, but I certainly could've held off longer. Either way I do not regret it. The only issue I am having is that when I remote start the vehicle, the left hand side info center (in the tachometer) does not work, but when I get it and start it with the push button start (no remote start) the info center works just fine. I think the entire install took me 20 minutes, it was super easy.

Did you reach back out to the programmer to see if it can be fixed or if that's normal ?

1 hour ago, dolsen said:

That's odd. Reach out to Dan, he will sort you out. Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10-15 minutes. Usually that helps to reset/ sort out lil issues etc.

Edited by onyxbfly