New Member in East Texas

CarCat

I found this website this week after having bought a 2008 Ford Edge Limited from original owner on Monday. I've posted two questions already and likely will have more as I find out what the questions are that I should be asking. I really appreciate all the information here and the members who helped me out. I've never had a car this loaded with features. I had never heard of the Ford Edge until my daughter mentioned looking at the model. I was replacing a 2006 VW Beetle TDI which I drove for three years and which was originally the daughter's California car. A fun car to drive but I was antsy all the time about maintaining it since the nearest VW dealership is over 50 miles from me and the two closest foreign auto repair shops are each 40 miles away. Just not realistic for me to be driving a Bug out in the country. I wanted something in the Ford line that I could pay for because there are two Ford dealerships, each 30 miles away from me in two different directions plus I know that I can get service and repairs at local independent shops on a domestic car (not a VW). Long-winded here, I know, but I want the frequent contributors hre on the forum to know the situation. Thanks, everyone!