08 Trans Hard Shift

FordNut74

I just bought this 08 Edge and every once in awhile the trans will shift so hard it feels like someone rear ended you, there is no increase in RPM's or any kind of warning. the fluid is super clean and i put some "Lucas Trans No Slip" in and yesterday it happened again which means it will be awhile until happens again more than likely. Please help!!

2008 Edge 3.5L AWD

Welcome!  How much mileage on your Edge?

Makes me suspect the solenoid body.  It can be checked without any disassembly required.  If the electrical values are near the limits of allowable specs, replace it along with the solenoid body filter.

A simpler item could be the torque mount/dogbone.  easy to check, a little harder to replace on AWD, but 2 hrs shop labor or DIY if  you are handy.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 10:34 PM, FordNut74 said:

I just bought this 08 Edge and every once in awhile the trans will shift so hard it feels like someone rear ended you, there is no increase in RPM's or any kind of warning. the fluid is super clean and i put some "Lucas Trans No Slip" in and yesterday it happened again which means it will be awhile until happens again more than likely. Please help!!

2008 Edge 3.5L AWD

See the notice at the top of this forum section - you may get a better response if you post in the appropriate section.

DO NOT use this forum for Ford Edge discussion.