Mechanical clunk when shifting to/from park/reverse

MrHappy

Had the tranny reprogrammed and all was well for a while.  Now, intermittently and not enough to reproduce on command, there's a gnarly thunk sound/feel when shifting from drive to park or park to drive/reverse.  I made sure my wife was engaging the brake all the way but heard/felt it again yesterday.  No error codes thrown but it's definitely not normal and I'd like to stop it before it grenades something.  Thoughts/suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder when Ford is going to release another TSB to fix this issue and better shifting issue or have they just given up.  I would think that is a Project Manager would go to the trans team that did the program and said okay fix it those guys could write the code and flash their test mule and see what it does.  They could do that a couple times a week and test it but since they have known about it for months have they just given up and hope all is well :(  I wonder about the 2020 Edge ST did they fix that programming and just not saying anything because everytime a dealer does a Flash they charge back Ford so they are keep this a secret?  I which we had a email address to a live person that would give us an update.  I have only had the clunk a few times since purchasing the car but the trans shifting still needs some work IMO.  If aftermarket tuners can make a difference can't Ford?  I mean someone on the team that is working on the GT500 or the Ford GT they must know what they are doing and I know a whole different animal and trans but someone there has to know how to fix it right ?

• 6 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 6:03 PM, vmaxbaby said:

I wonder when Ford is going to release another TSB to fix this issue and better shifting issue or have they just given up.  I would think that is a Project Manager would go to the trans team that did the program and said okay fix it those guys could write the code and flash their test mule and see what it does.  They could do that a couple times a week and test it but since they have known about it for months have they just given up and hope all is well :(  I wonder about the 2020 Edge ST did they fix that programming and just not saying anything because everytime a dealer does a Flash they charge back Ford so they are keep this a secret?  I which we had a email address to a live person that would give us an update.  I have only had the clunk a few times since purchasing the car but the trans shifting still needs some work IMO.  If aftermarket tuners can make a difference can't Ford?  I mean someone on the team that is working on the GT500 or the Ford GT they must know what they are doing and I know a whole different animal and trans but someone there has to know how to fix it right ?

I test drove 6  2019 Edge ST's.  Experienced it once on a test drive.  Made the clunk 3 times before no clunk on the 4th attempt.  Salesman says it was because it hasn't been driven in a while.  I doubt the other 5 test drives had been recently driven.