Harbor Freight Cross beam

wlepse

I have been doing a bunch of work on the Edge and honestly it is a pain in the a$$ to jack each corner and get it on stands since I have limited space in my garage to move things around. This morning I was checking out Harbor Freight and found this cross beam that can lift the entire side of the car up. Has anyone tried this? It has decent reviews on the site but its max width is 37" and since I don't have the vehicle with me I don't know if that spans the factory jack points or not. Just wondering if anyone has had success with it...if so I may pick one up at lunch today.

I can't tell you whether it'll work or not, much depends on the capacity of your jack but, two things.

1. You'll need a pair of hockey pucks with slots cut in them so you don't crush the seam while lifting ( https://amzn.to/2IqOqel )
2. HF frequently offers 20% off coupons in their emailed ads.  Wait for one of those if you don't already have one lying around and save a few $$$.

image.thumb.png.9b2692033cbb9116c551de99e812a621.png

Edited by Gadgetjq
added photo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DontTellMyWife said:

A cool website I found has a database of all the harbor freight coupons. You can search by name and part number. The best is that on the homepage, they have a 20% off coupon that is good until the end of next year for a single item. 

https://www.hfqpdb.com/

They always have all of the free item coupons as well.  On the item-specific coupons, it even tells you if you'd save more using the item coupon or a 20% off coupon. Great website right there.