Dborg1956

Ford Sync 3 does not install

I tried installing ford sync in my 2013 ford edge and even though it says successfully installed. I do not see the new version. When I tried re-installing it says " already installed" Can someone help. I have ford touch with Nav.

So are you using SYNC 3 that was retrofitted, or MyFord Touch?

If you retrofitted SYNC 3 and are trying to update that, you can't reinstall the same version yourself - can only upgrade or else it'll give you the error message you saw. Not sure about MFT, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did the same thing.

Why do you need to reinstall?

On 10/20/2019 at 9:00 AM, Dborg1956 said:

I have ford touch with Nav.

Deleted erroneous information.

Edited by Gadgetjq

1 hour ago, Gadgetjq said:

You've (unknowingly) answered your own question.  Sync is a completely different operating system from MyFord Touch.  You can't update MFT hardware with Sync3 software.  You 'can' update your system by installing a Sync3 APIM (head unit).

Technically MyFordTouch is still Sync (Sync 2 to be precise).

I think he's installing MyFordTouch but has a problem with the version shown versus what he updated.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Technically MyFordTouch is still Sync (Sync 2 to be precise).

Hey AK,

Thanks for educating me.  For some reason I thought there was MFT and 'then' the various sync numbers.  Apologies to Dborg for the misinformation. :doh:

1 hour ago, Gadgetjq said:

Hey AK,

Thanks for educating me.  For some reason I thought there was MFT and 'then' the various sync numbers.  Apologies to Dborg for the misinformation. :doh:

They didn’t really start calling it sync 2 until sync 3 came out.  It was somewhat confusing.