Lighting shutoff after getting out?

I will apologize in advance for my stupidity, but I am not even sure how to even state my question very well?

Just got my wife's '18 Edge Titanium couple months ago, and it seems a bit nit-picky, but after she parks and gets out/locks her car, the headlights and taillights stay lit up for a very long time, but eventually extinguish off. When I lock my Chevy Silverado, the lights go off in about 10 seconds, but her car is about 4-5 minutes? 

Does anyone know what I am talking about, cause I feel crazy that I can't find anything which talks about this?

TIA

Dutchman,

Take a look at this.  I found it online in a Ford manual site ( http://www.fosuvs.com/ ). Maybe it'll work for you :

Headlamp exit delay

You can set the delay time to keep the headlamps on for up to three minutes after the ignition is turned off.

Follow the steps below to change the delay time (Steps 1 through 6 must be done within 10 seconds):

1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Turn the lighting control to the autolamp position.
3. Turn the lighting control to the off position.
4. Turn the ignition on.
5. Turn the ignition off.
6. Turn the lighting control to the autolamp position. The headlamps and parking lamps will turn on.
7. Turn the lighting control to the off position when the desired delay time has been reached. The headlamps and parking lamps will turn off.

You can set the headlamp exit delay to one of the following settings:

• Off
• 10 seconds
• 20 seconds
• 30 seconds
• 60 seconds
• 90 seconds
• 120 seconds
• 180 seconds.

Note: You can also adjust the time delay using the display controls in the instrument cluster. See the Information Displays chapter.

Edited by Gadgetjq
Added link
  • Like 1