2019 Ford Edge Titanium

Johnny B

I did not notice it when I test drove it. Just jumped out on the highway and it was 50-60 mph up the road and the same back. As soon as we got it back to our community and slowed down to 20-30 mph it started. I give it a tank of gas thinking maybe it just needed to get broke in a little. Of course, it didn't get better and when I took it back to the dealer I was told it was just normal for this vehicle and there was nothing they could do. I now have a new vehicle that upsets me every time I drive it.

Johnny,

It's sad to think anyone would be upset driving their brand new car but there's no need for it.  Something's not right with that transmission. 

I've spent the past 20 minutes searching through an assortment of Edge groups and forums and can't find a single mention of erratic shifting from the new 8 speed.  I even tried a Google search for "Ford 8 speed transmission issues" and came up with nothing.....actually, nothing Ford related but GM owners sure do hate their 8 speeds.

Literally everything inside your transmission is governed by a computer and servos so diagnosis and reprogramming is easily done just by plugging in a computer. I'd suggest taking it to a different dealership but first wait for feedback from those with the same transmission.  That way you'll have some documentation to take to the shop with you.  If you need to stick with the same shop, tell your service writer you want to take a ride in another '19 Edge with the same engine/trans combo.  Have him/her ride with you in your Edge and the one off the lot to see the difference.

Edited by Gadgetjq

On 11/1/2019 at 5:49 PM, Gadgetjq said:

Johnny,

It's sad to think anyone would be upset driving their brand new car but there's no need for it.  Something's not right with that transmission. 

I've spent the past 20 minutes searching through an assortment of Edge groups and forums and can't find a single mention of erratic shifting from the new 8 speed.  I even tried a Google search for "Ford 8 speed transmission issues" and came up with nothing.....actually, nothing Ford related but GM owners sure do hate their 8 speeds.

Literally everything inside your transmission is governed by a computer and servos so diagnosis and reprogramming is easily done just by plugging in a computer. I'd suggest taking it to a different dealership but first wait for feedback from those with the same transmission.  That way you'll have some documentation to take to the shop with you.  If you need to stick with the same shop, tell your service writer you want to take a ride in another '19 Edge with the same engine/trans combo.  Have him/her ride with you in your Edge and the one off the lot to see the difference.

I was going to give you a link to a forum post that had several people reporting the same problems I'm having but for some reason, it won't let me. There has been a technical service bulletin issued for the 2019 edge SE model that is doing the exact same thing. I guess the titanium model has a slightly different eight-speed transmission and there have been no upgrades for the software at this time. The dealership service manager went as far as to tell me it was normal.

TSB.jpeg.16754fd9a5bac5a47298a238cddad5e5.jpeg