New-to-me 2017 Edge

debbyzog

Howdy....I just purchased a very nice 2017 Edge SEL with AWD and the 2.0 turbo. This is our 3rd Edge. I had sold my F150 and, for some crazy reason, bought a Traverse...big mistake. I kept it only four months, and hated it. Cheap, under powered, shifted goofy and lots more. I then remembered why I had not bought any GM product for over 20 years.

Anyway, the Edge is so smooth in comparison and with navigation, leather, etc., it is just a nice vehicle. My wife had a 2007 Limited and a 2013 Limited....both great cars, but she wanted her Mustang....

So the Edge is all mine, and I am so happy I made the trade. 

This is my first ever turbo, so I am a little curious as to how it all works. I did buy Castrol Edge 5w30 engine oil because it indicates it is for TGDI (turbo gas direct injection) engines and it also notes the Ecoboost specifically. I've used Castrol product in the past (since 1969) and never had an issue, so I assume all will be good with a Motorcraft filter....

Any other recommendations for driving a turbo would be appreciated......

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, debbyzog said:

Howdy....I just purchased a very nice 2017 Edge SEL with AWD and the 2.0 turbo. This is our 3rd Edge. I had sold my F150 and, for some crazy reason, bought a Traverse...big mistake. I kept it only four months, and hated it. Cheap, under powered, shifted goofy and lots more. I then remembered why I had not bought any GM product for over 20 years.

Anyway, the Edge is so smooth in comparison and with navigation, leather, etc., it is just a nice vehicle. My wife had a 2007 Limited and a 2013 Limited....both great cars, but she wanted her Mustang....

So the Edge is all mine, and I am so happy I made the trade. 

This is my first ever turbo, so I am a little curious as to how it all works. I did buy Castrol Edge 5w30 engine oil because it indicates it is for TGDI (turbo gas direct injection) engines and it also notes the Ecoboost specifically. I've used Castrol product in the past (since 1969) and never had an issue, so I assume all will be good with a Motorcraft filter....

Any other recommendations for driving a turbo would be appreciated......

Not too much i can recommend on the 2.0T as @snmjim and i are kinda the 2.7TT guru.  The edge is good over all platform, and all suspension components are cross compatible between all the Gen 2 edges.  So if you would like to enjoy the back roads a bit i would highly recommend the H&R springs and the rear Addco sway bar.  Will really lock down the car and stop the swaying and wondering feel of the edge.  Will make it feel light on it feet ?

As for driving and maintenance recommendations..... ENJOY IT!  just put good full synthetic oil in (you could always run Brotella 5w-40 which is what i have ran in all my turbo cars with wonderful results).

Welcome and enjoy!

Edited by Special_K
  • Like 1