Trunk Boxes

Hi All,

First post...   I just got a 2018 Edge and there are two large ,L shaped styrofoam boxes under the trunk floor board that go around the spare tire/jack.  I see only a tiny white funnel velcro'd into the left side and nothing else in either box.
Should there be other things there or is it just extra storage?

Thanks

B

Edited by bdmac

2 hours ago, bdmac said:

Hi All,

First post...   I just got a 2018 Edge and there are two large ,L shaped styrofoam boxes under the trunk floor board that go around the spare tire/jack.  I see only a tiny white funnel velcro'd into the left side and nothing else in either box.
Should there be other things there or is it just extra storage?

Thanks

B

They're just extra storage… and other than the small white plastic funnel and cargo net, there isn't anything else in there from the factory. I'm not sure if all Edges come with the cargo net or if it's an option... :headscratch:

Claude. :)  

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Like 1

That small white funnel is for adding whatever fuel system cleaners you might want to use or gas if you ever run out.  Other than using containers designed for the capless fuel system (Techron is one) that funnel is the only way to add liquids without making a big mess. 

Those individual storage areas are actually pretty handy for stashing things you rarely need like an emergency start battery, maybe a couple of towels to protect your clothing in case you get a flat, the key for your wheel locks etc.

If you purchased used, make sure you have a jack, jack tool and lug wrench. The jack is with the spare tire, the other tools should be in a pouch.   Also make sure the lug wrench actually fits over each lug.  Ford uses a two piece lug for the Edge which can swell if abused so a proper 21mm socket (and the lug wrench) won't fit.

• Like 1